Guest OffSpring

Superglug

I just read somewhere online that superglugs can be connected to a garden hose left turned on so that it automatically refills! :shock:

Is this correct? 8)

If so, where does the hosepipe go? (I'm presuming that the superglugs fit on the inside of the run and that the gap of the weldmesh isn't big enough for a hose to fit through). :wink:

Also do hens have to use the nipple ends? Or can you mount it on ground level, so that they can drink out of the top as normal? :oops:

I have been after an automatic waterer for ages and it would make it even easier to look after my chooks! :lol:

There was a design change at the last minute so no the superglug can't be connected to a hose. I think it was changed so that you don't rely on a hose to top up the water in case of a problem with the supply.

You can put the superglug low so they drink out of the top but it's worth trying them with the nipples as the water stays much cleaner.

Oh that is a huge shame! :cry:

I would have brought one if it did auto watering, because that is exactly what I am looking for! The search continues... :wink:

Oh well, thanks for letting me know and taking the time to reply on a Saturday evening! :lol:

I am sure you could adapt one with a float valve out of a toilet cistern.

The trouble with ours is the hens don't like it! They know how to use it but don't seem to be able to get enough water out of the nipple things. They much prefer gulping from the ordinary glugs.

Kev.