Rebecca_R

eglu questions - a tight fit and water in the cover

I wonder if someone can help me with a couple of questions? Hope it's OK to dive right in! :D

I have a second hand Mk 2 eglu. The coloured part (orange in my case) does not fit snugly around the grey base. I can get it to fit properly on either side, but not all round at the same time, as there is always a gap of approx 1cm. Has my eglu warped or is that just how they are? I've been reading on here about cubes that have gaps, but haven't seen anything about eglus.

My second question is that I can hear water in the orange part (the 'shell' and the egg port' , but there's no obvious place it has got in. Is this a common problem, and do I need to do anything about it?

Thank you for any help on behalf of me, my kids and the star wars chickens, Princess Leia GNR!eggblue! and Padmé PP!eggbrown! (Aunt Beru, missing, presumed dead :( RIP)

Edited by Guest

My Eglu egg-ports always had water in the door - it gets in through a hole left from the moulding, you hear it sloshing around but it does no harm.

Gaps are fine, as long as your girls are secure and you can lock the bar with the 'golden pin', it's ok. Welcome to the forum, by the way!