Steve.

eglu on Order - change to Cube? (CUBE ARRIVED WITH PICS!!!)

Yay for the extension! Have you got to wait for long???? Will be interested in the run frame are you going to adapt it so that you can get in????

I have 2 glugs, by mistake to be honest, but think i'll use them... might get an extra grub.... I have a stand up one, but am worried about floor space!

Yay for the extension! Have you got to wait for long???? Will be interested in the run frame are you going to adapt it so that you can get in????

I have 2 glugs, by mistake to be honest, but think i'll use them... might get an extra grub.... I have a stand up one, but am worried about floor space!

Got the frame to allow the extra door, but to really reinforce the end from my boy who likes to lean against it.

We got the extra grub to allow a quick swapover if anyone needs to chicken-sit for us :)

The superglug is brilliant! Couldn't justify an extra one of those as it's easy to fill from outside the run.

Yes a bit of clucking and squarking. Seemed to be most of it at dusk.

Just dropped in some cooked potato skins. They looked at me as if I'd just committed some great social faux pas and the only conclusion could be the end of life as we know it.

One of the Gingernuts has just worked out what the dry compost in the litter trays for, now they all want a piece of the action.

Omlet called and my new bits will be here at the end of next week. Woohoo :lol:

I got brave and picked up the baby fawn chicken. She seemed to like it, and made some nice chicken noises. The other chickens looked really annoyed as this fawn chicken is bottom of the pecking order.

So tips please on how to get them to go to bed. I'm in my last pair of semi-decent trousers (if you ignore the babysick). It's just one that didn't go to bed last night.

Update.

As last night, all the chickens went to bed apart from one. I'd stuck a bunch of bamboo canes over the wheels at odd agles to stop her from roosting there. Whilst I was trying to fix my cheap torch (all my torches are too nice!) the last chicken went into without much bother.

I turfed the rest out from the nexting box, and they are all snug as a bug, and locked up for the night :lol:

Ahhhhhhhhhh are you feeling all chuffed and pleased with yourself, do you feel content all your feathered babies in in their beds????

Hope they are not up too early for you in the morning. Are you trying to get them into a routine of getting up at a certain time? A socialable time?

Hoping you can get all the baby sick and chicken **** off of your trousers :wink:

excellent idea, not sure about the green box on the end, are they old enough for that yet? wouldn't want to encourage underage drinking... :wink:

What? That's my stuff on the left and middle ... have I been diddled?

Blumen Chickens!

Sorry to have only just seen this Steve.. been of the forum for a bit.

The girls look lovely and you seem competent at holding them. What a sweetie that little one is (child as well as chook).

Some people use an old round washing up bowl to wedge in the opening between the roosting and nesting area at night.

I love the pallet idea 8) if you have mice, you might need to get a metal dustbin to keep the pellets in - mice love them :roll:

Looking forward to more photos.

Cheers Claret.

I bodged a box lid, some twist ties, and a couple of bits of bamboo. The nesting box is secure!

I have the feed on the pallets, and in some plastic bins. I have an anti-mouse/rat main electricity plugin thingy that hopefully will keep the vermin at bay.

The girls went to bed at 9pm tonight - all unaided. Whoever said chickens are stupid?

Oh - my wife named the hens. Only fair as I named our kids ...