Christian Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 For the first few days I would call 'here chooky, chooky, chooky' until I saw my neighbour peering over the hedge, shaking her head with a look of concern, mouthing 'mental health'. I now whistle and they come running. Have put oil on the door hinge, so they don't hear me open the door anymore Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cliveb Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Call them over? No need, they run up as soon as they see me. But I always say "Hello Girls" when they get there! I have never had to call them over, they allways come sprinting. But I never fail to say hello girlies whenn I am out with them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
frenchlayer Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 i'm a chook chook chook person too. But my neighbours know I have them. If I was trying to keep it a secret from the neighbours I would try puss puss puss though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chocchick Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 I'm amused by some of the reactions, especially Christians's When they are in the eglu run I say Hello Chookins/cluckins/chookyhens/noisy beasties Sometimes rawwwk ruk ruk ruk Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cammy73 Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 I call them with "Hello ladies" or if I want them back in the run, "come on girls" and all 3 come running!!! Although I'm quite sure the mealworms have something to do with it!! Sharon x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welsh sarah Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 i call chookins chookins and they come running sarah Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dancing cloud Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Usually they are greeted with "hello little hens", except when I am trying to locate them in the garden when it is "what are you up to, destroyers of worlds", along with the occasional "come out of there and stop tormenting the cat" Seems to work Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...