alih

Listless chicken...

custard has been sleeping/ standing around most of the day, hardly eating or drinking. She laid this morning. The other 3 have been doing their usual charging about as soon as they hear the door but she has not reacted at all. she is now lying down in the run and looks as though she is yawning every few seconds. I am mid- flubenvet treatment but they have only been here 3 weeks. Not sure whether I am being paranoid or whether there is anything I could/ should do other than keep an eye? :?

It might be worth getting her inside for a good look. If she's laid today, it's probably not a softie but that cannot be completely ruled out.

Check her crop to see if it's full or feeling squishy. Is she eating and drinking?

It's worth keeping her seperate, dry and warm and offering her some food and water. See how she goes overnight.

In the morning check her crop for fullness it should go down overnight. If not it could be an impacted crop.

Hopefully she should be brighter by morning. Good luck with her. Let us know how she goes.

much the same today and I don't know what to do - lots of standing around or sleeping, lots of lying down. I have checked her over and can find no signs of lice/ mites/ bleeding or other ailments. she is not eating or drinking - I gave her some yoghury/ maggots/ mash mix and she ate a tiny bit but no more - the other thing is that her poos are very dark green - like spinach, with what looks like hard egg yolk in them. There are plenty of them but they are a weird colour - does this help you guys with a diagnosis? :?