Lesley

Chicken Diapers

It was mentioned once on River Cottage forum, that it is possible to buy 'chicken diapers'!

I've a feeling that we could all do with some for 'Take your chicken to work day' !

Has anyone else heard about them?

Probably a case of 'It could only happen in America!' :wink: But knowing James, he's probably already got some planned!

Lesley

Hi Lesley what are you doing up so early. Chicken diapers would be great my little gils has some nappys for her doll my try them on the chooks later. :shock:

Hi Nicola

Carl had to leave early this morning so just thought I'd look in! I didn't get to watch neighbours until 11.30pm yesterday, so now everyone knows just how sad I am!

Lauren also has dolls nappies and she will be here after school so I will also be looking at them. I'm a bit worried about taking an incontinent chicken to a clients office!

Lesley

Sorry but I can hardly type for laughing and crying at the same time. :lol::cry: The mind just boggles. It's got to be an american idea. How on earth do they stay on and what about laying. :roll: Please post pictures or adverts if you have any. I can't wait to see.

I'm just off to look for the website - I may be gone sometime!

Glad to cheer up this miserable day - Lesley

I can't think they'd be very comfortable! Please please find the website so we can all have a laugh! Mind you thinking of this weather I was toying with the idea of making raincoats for the girls - only joking - apart from shaking a lot their feathers are very waterproof and I doubt I could improve on that

Nicki

Here we go:

Sarah, No, I haven't heard from James - he's going to post details in the forum

Kate, you're not going to believe this..... they are reusable!

I haven't been able to stop laughing all morning. The sites are just so hilarious :lol::lol:

Not only are they reusable but come in lots of different colours - I'm going for Magenta myself! FAQ's are so funny but there didn't seem to be any replies and I really need the answers. I've had time to find the answers now - right below the questions :oops:

Check out:

www.backyardchickens.com

www.browneggblueegg.com

I've just checked and these two didn't work with the links I put but I've deleted that part and you can just check their main website. With BYC browse their Message Board - I ran out of time, and with BEBE look at General Links.

but the funniest is:

www.chickendiapers.com

I suppose it's a bit late for bulk orders now so will have to improvise.

Lesley

Edited by Guest

Lesley

I can hardly stop crying - I don't think I really believed you. The poor thing didn't look very dignified with its little 'balloon' . I won't be rushing out to get some but I'm sure some people will think they are great. James - fancy increasing the stock range of your shop?

Lesley

I can hardly stop crying - I don't think I really believed you. The poor thing didn't look very dignified with its little 'balloon' . I won't be rushing out to get some but I'm sure some people will think they are great. James - fancy increasing the stock range of your shop?

No they don't look very dignified do they! so I thought I'd give it a go.

One doll's nappy, one camera, one indignant wet chicken, one very wet owner and a tin of sweetcorn! - see the result in Gallery in my album.

If my OH sees this he'll have me certified!

Lesley

Oh! - and I dropped the camera and it's doing very strange things - I'm just off to hide it!

Ollie (11yrs) is HORRIFIED :shock: that these American Idiots can be so "CRUEL" to their chickens! (sorry if any of you are American! It's only reinforced what we already believe about you!) He was most upset to see the poor chook with the flowery cape on in the gallery! Bless :oops: Well, we wouldn't do it to OUR girls, would we - would we????

I think the diapers look like the poor hen's sat on something and got it stuck to it's bum! I was expecting something more along the lines of our old fashioned terry nappies with big nappy pins - maybe I've seen too many cartoons!

Lesley,

THAT'S what I had in mind (Lesley's photo album - gallery)!!!

You need to get out more, dear :wink: !

Yes I know but it's a wet day AND I've finished the tiling. Tallulah was not too amused and then stepped out of it. Don't know what Lauren's going to say when she sees her one and only dolls nappy, it looks like the dolls have been playing Rugby (and no, I haven't put it back on the doll!)

Lesley

:D:D:D Lesley you nutter I think your photograph is so funny I will show the kids when they get back from school how long did it stay on for.(the nappy i mean) Hope your camera is ok!

It stayed on about 20 seconds but she's so greedy I just managed to take the photo. The camera is very strange. It uploaded the one photo I had taken and all the very first photos I took when it was new, two years ago :!:

Lesley

Lesley,

Is Tallulah (and Lauren, come to think of it) speaking to you yet??? :wink: I hope she didn't mind being the model for the soon to be patented Omlet Chicken Diaper!

Question - what do those poor American chickens do indoors all day? Our girls seem to live for scratching, dustbathing and bug eating so what on earth do the American girls get up in the morning for :? ?

I'm glad I live in good old Blighty where we're not quite so eccentric - Lesley excluded, obviously :D

Carl's just come in and gone to lock up the Eglu's - he's just called through 'someone's stuck a ****** nappy in my welly' and i can't stop laughing long enough to tell him why :lol::lol::lol:

No doubt my sister is getting the blame at the moment as he know's she's been here with her baby :oops:

Can't type for tears of laughter :D

l

Lesley