bunee1

Hedgehog in the garden!!

Sat out with the G-pigs in the sun this afternoon they were thrashing round in my rosemary bush (fav spot)

all of a sudden they went very quiet so i have a peek in and there's a small but healthy looking hedgehog trying to climb in to the garden....

just thought i'd share this as i can't say iv'e seen many that close even in all my days living in the sticks(they're usually flat in the road) :shock:

Hannah and the bewildered G-pigs :shock:

we have a hedgehog that regularly pops through and round the garden and Molly would be happy to sit and watch him for hours

Only sad thing for us was that we went on hols to Scotland and left at 4 in the morning, and when we got back found a dead one in the garage. The poor little mite had gone in there when we were disconnecting the electric cable from the socket in there :( :(

Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust sent a magazine out with some company brochure and they sell little hedgehog houses. and Joey wants one!

Joe's going to find it and I'll pop the web address on here

There were three in our back garden when I went to put the chickens away during the twilight hour. They stopped still, two curled in a ball. I walked to the eglu and back and they must have thought I hadn't seen them - bit daft really. :roll: I love hedgehogs too and frogs

we have a hedgehog that regularly pops through and round the garden and Molly would be happy to sit and watch him for hours

Only sad thing for us was that we went on hols to Scotland and left at 4 in the morning, and when we got back found a dead one in the garage. The poor little mite had gone in there when we were disconnecting the electric cable from the socket in there :( :(

Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust sent a magazine out with some company brochure and they sell little hedgehog houses. and Joey wants one!

Joe's going to find it and I'll pop the web address on here

How sad :( But the hedgehog house sounds great :D

Sat out with the G-pigs in the sun this afternoon they were thrashing round in my rosemary bush (fav spot)

all of a sudden they went very quiet so i have a peek in and there's a small but healthy looking hedgehog trying to climb in to the garden....

just thought i'd share this as i can't say iv'e seen many that close even in all my days living in the sticks(they're usually flat in the road) :shock:

Hannah and the bewildered G-pigs :shock:

Good point Jess. How do you catch them? :D

omg you let your gpigs free range? i could never catch mine :C

Oh yeah they take i little cornering :roll: but after they've had they're game they let you catch them...also if they're out long enough they get sleepy and head off back to the Guinlu for a nap, funny little things

We've got about four in our garden (quite a wild garden with lots of hideyholes). Didn't realise it until one night we heard strange sounds - heavy panting (honestly - you can hear it here: http://www.overthegardengate.net/wildlife/hedgehog.asp -scroll to bottom of page). Very disconcerting. I went out to investigate but it was night and I didn't have my glasses on - saw four large brown bodies eating up bird nuts on the ground and thought they were rats - ran inside screaming. OH took a look and told me they were hedgies, oops. Got some new glasses since then :)