Willow

Geko - what a pointless pet

Hopefully not offending any geo owners here but we're looking after a friend's geko whilst they are on holiday and I was quite interested.

But it does almost nothing. It barely moves during the day and the only other thing to do is top up the water and pop the odd cricket in and make sure it has heat. The tank is very dull and I feel a bit sorry for it really :shock:

I had a similar experience with the nursery school's terrapin. Looked after it for a week, it just sat under the water in the same spot all the time, all I did was change the water and chuck in some shrimp pellet food. I felt really sorry for it and felt it should have a friend at least. We all kept tapping the glass of the tank to make sure it was still alive :shock: Very boring.

Tessa

On the theme of reptiles, I have a tortoise, Hughie, who is 5 and we love him. He slides the door of his vivarium open every morning and comes out for a wonder around the house. He can just about get back in if if he climbs :clap:

If he is cold he will go and sit under a radiator with his head resting on one of the hot water pipes and he always falls to sleep in the same spots.

And if he is 'lost' you just have to crawl along the floor as he can't get anywhere up high!!! :wink::lol:

(no frozen mice or crickets either)

They aren't as slow as people make out!

On the theme of reptiles, I have a tortoise, Hughie, who is 5 and we love him. He slides the door of his vivarium open every morning and comes out for a wonder around the house. He can just about get back in if if he climbs :clap:

If he is cold he will go and sit under a radiator with his head resting on one of the hot water pipes and he always falls to sleep in the same spots.

And if he is 'lost' you just have to crawl along the floor as he can't get anywhere up high!!! :wink::lol:

(no frozen mice or crickets either)

They aren't as slow as people make out!

About 30 yrs ago - we had a pet tortoise and it was called Jamie after the bionic woman because she was so fast!!!!!!!

When I was about 12, my Dad and I were in the garden with the front door open. My Mum's tortoise took the opportunty to 'leg it' so we put an advert in the local shop with a £5 reward. We had about five or six tortoises brought to us before we found Joey.