Clash City Rocker Posted August 3, 2008 Share Posted August 3, 2008 End of an era today as the Worcestershire branch of the BHWT held it's last rescue. I'm sure some of you who use this website received your Girls from John & Monica Hall at Holt Fleet in Worcestershire, I know that Lesley & Tiggy have both taken some hens in recent months and Martin B, Nicole and myself all took some today. Since John & Monica started co-ordinating the Worcestershire branch 3 years ago they have been responsible for the re-homing of almost 9,000 hens to all parts of the West Midlands and Wales. As posted else where on this message board John & Monica are also holding a fund raising event in September for the BHWT which will include "good food" and live music from "Paul Jones & the Blues Band". I am in the process of collecting raffle/auction prizes from various organisation which so far include:- Family Tickets for Worcester City Football Club, 4x Cricket tickets from Warwickshire County Cricket Club and a signed Chelsea Football Shirt. I have also received positive feedback from "Ooops, word censored!"nal, Birmingham City, and the 02 arena and and hopeful of goodies from them !!!!! 2 new additions to my growing gang today, so keeping to my Punk Rock theme and as they're Ex Batts, welcome to Ex-ray spex and Ex Pistol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BeckyBoo Posted August 3, 2008 Share Posted August 3, 2008 What a shame it's closing, I'm a bit slow on the up-take, why aren't they doing it anymore? Also from a fundraising point of view, if you want any pop memorabilia to use as prizes, go through official fansites and look at the "contact" pages where you often find managers details, booking details or agents listings, sometimes you have to dig about a bit and there's almost no point in going for anyone signed to Sony unless you've got a contact, but if you e mail them telling them what it's for, most of them are REALLY forthcoming with stuff. For our last charity auction I had signed stuff from Tom Jones Janet Jackson, one of the Spice girls (I forget which ) Nizlopi, also I went for sports stars and got a T-shirt from Sir Stephen Redgrave and - forget now, but we got loads. Good luck with it all, and by the way, nice chickens and names Mrs B Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted August 4, 2008 Share Posted August 4, 2008 Sorry to hear that it's to be the last Worcs. rescue. We enjoyed collecting our girls from John and Monica. Great new girls Clash - love the names We can't make the charity do unfortunately............but I hope you all have a great time! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 4, 2008 Share Posted August 4, 2008 For anyone in the area, Ian and Mollie Farrar are still doing rescues. they are located in the Coventry area. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MedusA Posted August 4, 2008 Share Posted August 4, 2008 For anyone in the area, Ian and Mollie Farrar are still doing rescues. they are located in the Coventry area. Thanks Clare. I do intend rehoming some ex-batts some time (when I have the room) so it's useful to know who to contact. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tiggy Posted August 4, 2008 Share Posted August 4, 2008 when & where is the charity do Clash? how may girls do you have now? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted August 4, 2008 Share Posted August 4, 2008 Aw, they're very cute. I just hope the BHWT can find someone to take over from John and Monica. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 4, 2008 Share Posted August 4, 2008 Aw, they're very cute. I just hope the BHWT can find someone to take over from John and Monica. Ian and Mollie cover the same area and often used to do the same rescues, so I guess that they will be taking over from John and Monica. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted August 4, 2008 Share Posted August 4, 2008 We'll be back. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clash City Rocker Posted August 4, 2008 Author Share Posted August 4, 2008 We'll be back. I hope so, Good luck with your plan, I hope you have more sucess than the plan Nicole and I hatched. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted August 4, 2008 Share Posted August 4, 2008 when & where is the charity do Clash? **Info here** Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...