little Red Hen

Advuce please-sick chicken

Sounds as if she might have been been pecked in her nether regions.

Have you noticed any bullying?

I'd bathe her sore bottom with warm water with some Tea Tree oil added and let her rest away from the others for a while.

Encourage her to drink if you can.

Has she been wormed etc?

Does she seem to be straining to lay an egg?

Until you can find out the cause, I would recommend seperating her from the others and keeping her inside in a box so you can watch her closely adn monitor how much she is eating/drinking and behaving generally. Bathing her bare bottom in warm water is the best initial course I would have thought.

best wishes

Haven't noticed any bullying. Have bathed bottom in warm water. Seems to have picked up abit today and eating some food. Some of the other chickens appear to also be loosing feathers around vent area and skin in that region looks quite red and abit swollen. Difficult to seperate as these are my brothers chooks who are away on hols. Tried to bring her over to mine so she be seperate for a while but she got stressed out so thought it best to return her back to the others. Tried looking these symptoms up in a book to not get anywhere. Wondering what this may be? :?