They are here and very happy strutting their stuff in their run! They're eating their pellets and guzzling water from the glug. Blanche is the only one who's nosied in the eglu so far. Rita found an ant and ate it straight away.

I held Audrey - she was sooooo soppy!

Hubby held Blanche, who was also very cute and I clipped her wing whilst he held her.

Rita, has the reddist comb and he said - he thinks she is laying!!! Will check later. :wink:

The funniest thing so far has been when I texted my dad a picture message and I got a delivery report. My phone made a funny noise and all 3 girls just stopped dead, wondering what it was.

The cat is now venturing towards them. I've got to watch this!

Photos will be put on the forum later!

Their gentle clucking is lovely! They are sure going to brighten up my life!

:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

You're going to spend all day watching those girls, aren't you?!

I wouldn't worry too much about the cat - I have a cat, and the girlies soon saw him off, the sqark and flap their wings and cats are absolutely terrified! My lot freerange in the garden, while Mog the Mouser sleeps in the sun nowadays!

She stalked them - they squawked loudly and she ran off!

She is sooo scared of them!

My nosy neighbour has been introduced to my chooks and likes them and the thought of fresh eggs! yay. was a bit worried about those neighbours!

I can't leave my chooks alone!

Audrey is playing with the water in the glug, not drinking it - but pecking at it and throwing sprinkles over her back! Strange! :roll:

Glad they have arrived :D

I have been watching your other post craftyhunnypie in the chicken section. It maybe worth updating that one to :wink:

Now I know what you will be doing for the rest of the day :D

Oh and don't forget the pics :D

Well I know who rules the roost - it's Audrey the water pecker! Who's pally with Rita the foot flicker. Together they pick a bit on poor Blanche. Blanche is the youngest and doesn't have much of a comb yet. Blanche is my pepperpot chook, the others are gingers. But i had to laugh just as Audrey was guarding her glug and Blanche came near. Audrey had a quick peck at Blanche and Blanche literally leapfrogged over Rita! :roll:

They're great aren't they?

Had my chuckies since June and they are absolutely brilliant! Blanche goes mad for cherry tomatoes! I have to laugh at them as they dig a little hole near the front of the run. I have them on crazy paving, covered in wood chips and they like to dig in this same spot, which is a crack between the crazy paving. One of them must have had a worm from there once! :roll:

They don't like slugs at all! They love salad, sweetcorn, rice & cucumber.

They are extremely nosey chuckies! When I do the tray each morning & top up the straw in the nesting box, immediately after, they go in to see what mummy has been doing to their pink house!

In winter do they go bed a lot earlier and sleep in? At the moment, they are starting to go to bed at 7.30pm and usually get up about 8.00 ish in the morning.

They have a very striking clear shower curtain with blue stars on, for wet weather, which they don't mind. They adore sunny days!

They talk to my husband every time he goes to see them & even when we shut them in at night they give a chuckle!

Eggs are all over the hoppit. Always in the nesting box, but very irregular!

Had one from Audrey, the past 2 days. Before that Rita was on a roll, but Blanche has only ever laid 3 & the last one was quail egg size & no yolk!

Funny aren't they - I love my chuckies! :D

Had my chuckies since June and they are absolutely brilliant! Blanche goes mad for cherry tomatoes! I have to laugh at them as they dig a little hole near the front of the run. I have them on crazy paving, covered in wood chips and they like to dig in this same spot, which is a crack between the crazy paving. One of them must have had a worm from there once! :roll:

They don't like slugs at all! They love salad, sweetcorn, rice & cucumber.

They are extremely nosey chuckies! When I do the tray each morning & top up the straw in the nesting box, immediately after, they go in to see what mummy has been doing to their pink house!

In winter do they go bed a lot earlier and sleep in? At the moment, they are starting to go to bed at 7.30pm and usually get up about 8.00 ish in the morning.

They have a very striking clear shower curtain with blue stars on, for wet weather, which they don't mind. They adore sunny days!

They talk to my husband every time he goes to see them & even when we shut them in at night they give a chuckle!

Eggs are all over the hoppit. Always in the nesting box, but very irregular!

Had one from Audrey, the past 2 days. Before that Rita was on a roll, but Blanche has only ever laid 3 & the last one was quail egg size & no yolk!

Funny aren't they - I love my chuckies! :D

I'm glad you're enjoying them! I got my two a week thursday, and I adore them - theyre so full of character! My partner and I now pale at the thought of roasting a chicken... :shock:

Dont they make the nicest, most relaxing sound when they cluck? (awwww!)