stoice

Does a moult make them sleepy?

My Ex-batt, Babs, is moulting (feathers everywhere!) but lately I've noticed she 'nods off' in the middle of the lawn far more than the others do. Could it be the energy she is expending to grow new feathers? She is prone to softies and she often feels quite low when one is on the way but this appears different. Really perky if I'm around or if another girl finds a tempting bug she wants to steal but just sleeps a lot. No lice, no red mite in the house. They were all wormed two weeks ago, they get limestone flour in mash porridge every other day along with some cod liver oil and poultry spice. They get mealworms every now and then, although not sure there's much protein in them so may try some tuna or some cat food to give her a pep. Do you think she'll 'snap out of it' or is she maybe slowing down as she's 'on her last legs? Sorry, that sounds awful but do you know what i mean?

Worried for her

Thanks Egluntine, she's moulted on her head and neck, now it's mostly her body. You only have to stroke her and another feather falls out. Will be nice to see her fully feathered though. She's been flashing her baldy botty at me since we rescued her in April. :roll:

I'm going to put Lifeguard on my shopping list now.

X Stacey X