Egluntyne

The Restaurant ...2008

I haven't really warmed to any of the couples yet, but I guess one episode is too soon to tell anyway. I can't say that any of them particularly stood out as being good chefs. I did find a few of them a bit cringe-making (making a restautrant like a big cuddle, anyone?)

I see that Jeremy and Jane are no longer have their restaurant with Raymond. I wonder how his experience with them will shape the challenges he sets the new lot, and how he makes his choices?

I missed the opening credits so not sure if they might have kept Claret! :D

....and Phil, Rosie and Lauren :lol: - I missed the credits so didn't notice either......

I did watch it and already located a couple of annoying couples! :roll:

Only a couple? :shock::lol: - I think they choose them for their "most irritating" values :lol:

There were some exceedingly unspectacular menus last night - I would have expected more contestants to be interested in local, traditional, traceable............. :?

We also had bets on who was going to get picked based on who'd make good TV!

Unfortunately that's how it works - they contenders are picked on the basis of getting a'good mix' and entertainment value :roll:

We were on the first series last year - I had a call via a contact at the Beeb asking whether we'd like to tip along to the restaurant that they'd taken over locally (so much for the couples trying to get people to attend themselves); it was an excrutiating experience, made even worse by them using a clip of one of my comments in the opening credits every week :roll::oops:

I missed the opening credits so not sure if they might have kept Claret! :D

....and Phil, Rosie and Lauren :lol: - I missed the credits so didn't notice either......

I did watch it and already located a couple of annoying couples! :roll:

Only a couple? :shock::lol: - I think they choose them for their "most irritating" values :lol:

I think they choose them for that reason aswell Lesley! so they know the nation is shouting at the tv.

I didnt like those two blokes (typically from Devon :roll: ) where he boasted he was a good cook, but in fact he was rubbish!

Just watched it whilst dashing off a pile of ironing.

I see what you mean about the tinned mangoes. :shock:

How hard would it have been to puree a couple of fresh ones and add a little biscuit?

I agree about the last three couples.

One pair look as if they can permanently smell gas and the others....one was a door mat and the tattooed one needs to learn some manners and humility.

I wouldn't like to eat anything he had prepared with all that sweat dripping off his face either.

Interesting

Watched episode 2 last night, and I found it totally cringemaking. I don't watch any "reality" type TV normally. I watched this because I watched it last year as 2 of the featured restaurants were close to where I live.

At one point I decided they were all so hopeless that I'd be better off not watching it, and just coming back to watch the last couple of minutes to find out who got kicked out.

I honestly don't know if I can bring myself to watch it again next week.

I have caught up with episode 2 now. I wouldn't have given Harriet and her awful Dad a second chance purely because of his attitude, but I suppose because the other two didn't get to open due to the gas leak, it has upset the normal running of things.

I am ready to chin the barmy bird with dark curly hair and classes already.

The new judge is a bit po faced. :shock:

I missed episode 2: who got kicked out? Not Harriet and her dad by the sound of it?

Thought episode 1 was good! :)

"Ooops, word censored!"ody!

It was an odd sort of week as one of the couples couldn't open because of a gas leak. Harriet and Dad were allowed to have another go, but no matter how amazingly well they perform, they will be in the challenge.

Yes - me! I agree that Helen deserved to go: she just showed no sense of taste, and had no understanding of style. Smug indeed!

But those 2 men need to go too. Raymond's got it all wrong when he says they lack attention to detail. Problem is that James the chef attends to nothing but the detail of 'his' part. He has no overview. And lacks any insight, just laying the blame on poor Alastair. No team work.

It really has to be between the two mixed gender couples. I'd have thought it was obviously the Cheerful Soul couple until the last week or two, when cheerful curly hair has shown an inability to take any sort of criticism.... :roll:

I've found that I haven't truly warmed to any of the couples this series, and I've been "glad" (not quite the right word, can't articulate) when each couple has been ejected so far.

I just hope that James and Alastair go next, as they are just SOOOOOO awful.

I didn't like "The CHeerful Soul" couple to start with, I found their lovey0dovey we want people to feel like coming into our restaurant is coming into a hug" attitude really irritating,. But I have warmed to them, despite their belioief that their cookbook could be in the life improvement section of a bookshop.

And I've sort of warmed to the "True Provemance" couple as well.

Which means James and Alistair wil probably win.

I just hope that Raymond has learned from the disaster last year!

I've seen a few episodes of this series and I don't really care who wins as all the remaining teams are a little dull and un-inspiring. I think that the 2 lads stand a good chance as Raymond keeps insisting "it's all about the food" and the Chef from the lads team seems to be the best cook (with probably the worst "front of house").