I've only got a glug, and it's ok, but not worth shouting about. I use the two original peanuts for feed and they are fine with those.

My Ranger and Bovans Nera are fine with the peanuts, but my White Star doesn't like them at all. I think it's because she's got such a big comb - she can't get her head in the peanut feeder without bashing her comb on it. :?

I prefer the old style peanuts, the girls are not bothered either way.

The glug is sooo heavy when full of water, and I haven't found the best way to carry it without splilling water all over my feet :roll:

The metal peanut hooks fit perfectly on the mesh of my homemade run. The hooks on the glug and grub are too wide, so I have had to prise the mesh further apart so the plastic hooks fit.

I do think the plastic hooks on the glug and grub are too shallow. I am sometimes worried that the full glug will fall off and flatten one of my Bantams :roll:

The glug is sooo heavy when full of water, and I haven't found the best way to carry it without splilling water all over my feet :roll:

I fill mine with the hose, whle it's in the run. It;s far too heavy to carry from the kitchen to the run while it's full!

:D:D:D:D:D

I do fill the glug up using a jug. Its when I have to empty it that the water gets spilt.

The glug has to be filled to the top or my little Pekins can't reach inside to get a drink. The water is changed everyday because it gets full of wood chips and earth, again this is because the glug has to be low down so the Pekins can reach :roll:

Am I the only one who likes the Glug :roll:

I don't have any problems with the glug. I hook it on as low as it will go in the run so it can't be knocked off.

The peanuts spilt water everywhere and held a tiny amount compared to the glug.

I give them a thumbs up :D

No, I am sure there are loads of people who love the new glug: we all do so like to have a moan though don't we? Here's a link to a thread about the peanut from a while back and boy did it get some serious criticism (me included :oops: ): I am sure this thread was instrumental in getting the new design of the glug.... :wink:

The Peanut

I do fill the glug up using a jug. Its when I have to empty it that the water gets spilt.

The glug has to be filled to the top or my little Pekins can't reach inside to get a drink. The water is changed everyday because it gets full of wood chips and earth, again this is because the glug has to be low down so the Pekins can reach :roll:

I agree with that Ali, but still prefer my Glug because it holds so much more water. I find that when it is full, the water runs out through the little holes in the hooks on the back. Great design though! :D

I like the amount of water the Glug holds. But it's filling it that is the problem. Even with a jug I have to crawl on my hands and knees to do it, and find it very unpleasant. I can fill the peanut in advance and just hook it on with one hand. A hosepipe might make it easier to fill the Glug, but we have a hosepipe ban and I have put mine away so I am not tempted to use it.

Despite all this, I still use the Glug and Grub now that I have four chickens, as they eat such a vast amount of pellets and drink so much water.