Popcorn

Louise (the chook) made the Newletter

:shock: I was so surprised to recieve my 1st newsletter when I checked my emails, and even more surprised to see our quotes from the forum. Thankfully nothing too awful, not one of my late night rambles. :wink:

Great to see your photo there Gina, fame at last! 8)

Has anyone else got a firewall which blocks Spam? That could be the problem if you've signed up for the newsletter. I've contacted James about the ones I knew about this morning - you didn't quite get in in time Tim but if I speak to him soon I'll let him know you haven't got yours either.

Check your firewalls, people!!

The way my new firewall works it traps the first email and checks it and if its happy it then sends it on if its quiet it should only take 5 mins but yesterday it took a few hours. Any subsequent emails from the same address should sail through. But it is blocking some emails entirely I can't get any from anyone with a hotmail account which is annoying as I get occasional work messages sent from people with hotmail accounts at home.

Mine came through fine on email and it was lovely to read - congratulations Gina on Louise being a cover girl. I hadn't realised it had piccys as well until I saw it mentioned here, so I did the magic right click thing and got it in technicolour glory. :lol:

Hi Louise...

I have trouble with my firewall sometimes. You CAN tell the computer which emails or web-sites to accept by typing in the name of the sender/web-site...but HOW you do it...well, it's beyond my computer brain cells!

If you have an anti-virus scanner, you could try opening that up and having a look?

• Omlet Staff

Hi,

I am sorry if a few of you did not recieve the Newsletter this time. It could be for any number of technical reasons probably all caused at our end. We are going to make it a weekly newsletter with the best photos you send in, some tips and a featured products etc.

Is it okay to take a few quotes from what everyone is discussing? We want to increase the number of egluowners coming to the forum and so will choose the most topical topic and nothing embrassing. : )

James

p,s, I will make the newsletters downloadable from the site in case anyone misses them. But this is a few weeks away.