Lesley-Jean

Meal worms for (nearly) free

It can be a bit wiffy LJ I used to have a lizard and bought mealworms from a pet shop that grew their own and it was a strange sweet and not terribly pleasant smell that always hung around even the inside of the container smelled nasty when you opened it at home :shock:

You are braver than me :lol:

Well I have been trying to do this for about 3 weeks and believe me the smell is just disgusting infact I have given up and chucked the things outside, it is very difficult to get the conditions just right much harder than the wormery I fed them with bran and added fruit and veg but the bran just turned to mush after a couple of days and stank to high heaven............................Good luck L J I hope you have a strong stomach, think i will just buy mine freeze dried from now on........... :lol:

:roll: im too much of a wimp...i might spoil them and give them their own mini fridge with never ending supply of meal worms (i wish) ...well you can train them to open the eglu door, why not a fridge door, they even get :shock: food :shock: after that...maybe its not so mission impossible... :D