Janty

New family member

We went to look at some hamsters today. I knew that I wanted a Syrian hamster and was fairly certain that I wanted a long haired one. I know about the brushing but it isn't too bad if you get them used to it. The pet shop had the most gorgeous black long haired hamster so I asked if I could handle him. He was ok but on further inspection he had the most enormous whatsits and the hair parted around them and it was quite odd.

:shock:

All the time I was handling this hamster, one of the others came up to my hand and started nudging me. It had funny little ears and was so inquisitive. I held him and he just sat in my hand washing himself despite it not being their natural get up time. Hubby raised an eyebrow and smiled.

So we brought back the short haired hammy and called him Mash. I will post piccies when he is settled.

He is so lovely :lol: :lol: Everytime you add another photo of him I want to come up to Edinburgh and hamsternap him :lol: Just gorgeous!!! :lol:

You might have to join the queue Joojoo :wink: I love hearing about the adventures that he gets up to :D

Me too :lol:

Vickie - perhaps that would be a money making opportunity for you. Turn Oscars adventures into a book :lol:

He sounds dead cute Janty

Mature male hammies do have alarmingly big nadgers though :?

:shock::lol:

He is so lovely :lol: :lol: Everytime you add another photo of him I want to come up to Edinburgh and hamsternap him :lol: Just gorgeous!!! :lol:

I agree!!!!!! :wink:

you better watch out for us ANH :lol:

Hubby wants to call him Nads or Tess. Last night he was sitting in the living room saying Tess wants a tickle! He is a bad minded hubby. He only wants to call him Nads or Tess-tickles so that the vet has an embarrassing time if we ever had to take him. He does have huge whatsits though (the hamster that is)...at least there isn't an abundance of fur to accentuate them.

Hubby wants to call him Nads or Tess. Last night he was sitting in the living room saying Tess wants a tickle! He is a bad minded hubby. He only wants to call him Nads or Tess-tickles so that the vet has an embarrassing time if we ever had to take him. He does have huge whatsits though (the hamster that is)...at least there isn't an abundance of fur to accentuate them.

:shock: Ha Ha Ha :lol: :lol:

Vickie - perhaps that would be a money making opportunity for you. Turn Oscars adventures into a book :lol:

had to say, ther's already a hamster like that :wink:

Hamtaro - 51%2BMgHVyt5L._SS500_.jpg

so cute the tv show and books from my childhood :D

:lol: He's not as cute as Oscar though :lol:

Hurry up Janty - we need to see a photo :lol:rapping fingers impatiently on table