WitchHazel

Eyebrow plucking, what happens when the hairs grow back?

Ooh those Shavata ones look cute, but I'm not sure I could handle them! I have an ancient pair of ordinary tweezers that I've used for years, I too am a 'pluck every day' girl, a few minutes in front of the mirror keeps on top of them, I have done this for years.

Sadly these days it's the unwanted whiskers elsewhere on my face that take up more time :shock: "Ooops, word censored!"ody warned me about this side-effect of getting older!

Due to thyroid deficiency I have lost the outer ends of my eyebrows, I have tried pencilling them in but it looks really obvious to me so I've just accepted that they are slightly shorter than I'd like them to be.

I used to dye my eyelashes regularly though - it's not that difficult, I used to buy a kit from Boots, and it does make a big difference. I am really not a girly girl in most respects, but I can't leave the house without mascara (and if I accidentally do, someone at work is bound to ask if I am feeling poorly! :wink: )

I get my eyebrows waxed and it costs £6.50 which I think is pretty good. I dont need to pluck mine for ages afterwards ... And they use a wax which smells like chocolate :drool:8) .

Same it is much quicker to have them waxed! and you can keep your eyebrows tidy afterwards by plucking! :)

I have some of those Shavata tweexers too, and found them really easy to use. I have about 3 pairs of Tweezerman's somewhere, but they are small so I keep losing them. So I bought the Shavata ones, hoping they would be less easy to misplace.

I do agree that it is addictive; staying at a friend's house who has differernt lighting means that you can see stragglers that you miss at your house!