WitchHazel

Eyebrow plucking, what happens when the hairs grow back?

Cos he's some super-duper design summat in hair dressing if I remember rightly.

He may also wax though..... don't worry Mark; your secret is safe with me :wink:

I like a man who waxes.

I do the Hubby's back in the summer - it gives an enormous sense of pleasure to inflict that much discomfort on him 8)

I'm starting to feel very grateful that my eyebrows are quite fair and don't need anybody yanking at them - with tweezers, elastic bands, chainsaws, whatever :shock: .

Me too ANH...I have to pencil eyebrows IN!

And my eyelashes are short, sp"Ooops, word censored!" weedy things so I never go out without mascara AND eyeliner to try to make something of nothing :(

And my eyelashes are short, sp"Ooops, word censored!" weedy things so I never go out without mascara AND eyeliner to try to make something of nothing :(

I'll tell you something that is really unfair, my husband & most of the males in his family have the most long,thick,curled eyelashes you have ever seen.

They are just too fabulous to be wasted on men!

One sister of his had them too, & my youngest girl has a very lush set.

Cos he's some super-duper design summat in hair dressing if I remember rightly.

He may also wax though..... don't worry Mark; your secret is safe with me :wink:

I like a man who waxes.

I do the Hubby's back in the summer - it gives an enormous sense of pleasure to inflict that much discomfort on him 8)

:?:?:? I'm beginning to get rather scared Sarah :shock:

I'll tell you something that is really unfair, my husband & most of the males in his family have the most long,thick,curled eyelashes you have ever seen.

They are just too fabulous to be wasted on men!

One sister of his had them too, & my youngest girl has a very lush set.

Same in my family, my YS has the most beautifully long, curly and black eyelashes framing his lovely blue eyes... me on the other hand, short, light, and straight excuse of eyelashes... :evil: must have been in the wrong queue for them...

I've had my eyebrows shaped and waxed and dyed in the past and they looked gorgeously groomed. They do really frame your eyes and make a big difference. Now I just get rid of the straggly hairs and dust them a bit with brown eye-shadow now and then...

Well, I'm back!

I rang to make an appointment for tomorrow and she had one available at 3.30 today. It tool longer than I had expected, I thought it would be wax one eyebrow, wax the other, done, but it was a bit more involved than that.

I'm shocked (in a good way) at the difference it's made....DH hasn't noticed though. :roll:

Well done you!

Think positive, if DH hasn't noticed then you must look 'normal' :)

mmm. Or maybe he just isn't very observant. It took him days to notice that my normally light brown hair had been coloured a very dark brown with red highlights.

I've just been to have a look in a mirror. I think I look a bit surprised.

Even leg hair doesn't grow back thicker and over time will be weaker. Its an illusion caused by having cut ends to the hairs rather than the natural soft. If you wax or epilate your legs you'll notice the regrowth isn't worse.

I use tweezers for everything. Including my legs when Im bored or not too fat as I am now

If you can find a salon that uses a product called "SatinSmooth" (unless you are allergic to bees, the product is made with bees wax) this will help minimize any redness that occurs, also make sure you stay out of the sun (if you have any) or tanning beds for at least 24 hours before and after the waxing service.

On of the reasons waxing is better than "tweezing" or shaving is because with waxing the hair is often times removed from the root which over time softens the hair as it grows back. Although you have no plans to continue after the wedding (you might when you see how "awake" you appear) the hair will just grow back naturally should you decide not to continue.

Mark why do you know things like this???

I work in the beauty industry as an Artistic Director and I teach hair cutting, waxing and color...and just as a matter of fact, I Do get waxed, but just my brows... :D

You "Pluck" a chicken and "Tweeze" your brows.

I work in the beauty industry as an Artistic Director and I teach hair cutting, waxing and color...and just as a matter of fact, I Do get waxed, but just my brows... :D

You "Pluck" a chicken and "Tweeze" your brows.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant pluckers son,

and I'm only plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes!!

:lol: Don't know why it reminded me of that - totally off subject but there you go! :lol:

BeckyBoo

Prior to holidaying in Florida a few years back, OH decided to allow me to wax him. All I can say is revenge is so sweet. :twisted: He is quite hairy - OK, a lot - bit like a gorilla (which he wasn't when we got married) YUK, so he thought he would be a little more agreeable on the beach - needless to say it all started to grow back very quickly and he was itching for the following week - some areas looked like they hadn't even been touched by the end of the holiday!

With regard to tweezers, mine kept going missing. Found them in DS's room - he was removing the stubbly hairs off his knees! :shock::roll:

Its important to use really ggod tweezers - I would recommend TWEEZERMAN which are pricier,but really do the job.

I have some of those tweezers too Sarah - they're brilliant, aren't they?

Just had a look online for some of these....there are so many sorts under that brand name. What sort do I need? Slant? MiniSlant? Pointed? Petite?

Help!

Get the slanty ones to start out with - they are the regular type,only much better 8)

I also have the point ones,which are really sharp & super precise, for getting those teeny little hairs that are just poking through......

I would also recommend the tiny sucker on 12x magnifying mirrors they do - I think Boots sell them. They are a bit alarming the first time you examine yourself in them, but you can see each & every little hair (& pore!)

I have some pink Tweezerman tweezers and they are really worth the money (I've had many cheapy ones, and then just bend out of shape and the ends no longer go together). I have done my eyebrows since I don't know when. I must be quite good as my best friend thought I had them done professionally *beams* My ED has a rather wild bit of eyebrow which she has me tweezer off for her, and is asking me to start doing more, but I think I will wait until she is a bit older as she is only 11. I usually tweezer my hubbys back as it is rather hairy across the shoulders. The last time I did it he asked me to use my epilator. I don't think he'll want me to do that again :o:lol:

I get my eyebrows waxed and it costs £6.50 which I think is pretty good. I dont need to pluck mine for ages afterwards ... And they use a wax which smells like chocolate :drool:8) .

It cost me £9 but she did take a lot of care.

Would love to know where in Cornwall I can have it done with chocolate smelling wax... I'm going to Cornwall for a few days in Spring, and would like to try it.

Get the slanty ones to start out with - they are the regular type,only much better 8)

I also have the point ones,which are really sharp & super precise, for getting those teeny little hairs that are just poking through......

I would also recommend the tiny sucker on 12x magnifying mirrors they do - I think Boots sell them. They are a bit alarming the first time you examine yourself in them, but you can see each & every little hair (& pore!)

I have one of these and you can see every dot.....to the point where the area under my brows, I can find something to pkuck everyday....but I think I am a little obsessed as I think because I can see them in a x12 mirror everybody else can see them with a naked eye. :lol: