MedusA

The Invisible Snow Bunny

That's the most precious looking bunny ever!!! And how well trained is he, holding it in until he goes outside!!!! How do you make sure he doesn't run off?

He does have a corner "pee tray" in his indoors cage, which he uses most of the time. He also does little poos (when he's in the house) which are easy to sweep up (I put them on the compost).

When we first took him outside, we used a harness and lead or a fenced off run area, but now he knows where his teritory is and can be trusted not to stray. He has favourite hiding places, and I sometimes can't easily find him, so he does give me a scare now and again. On the whole he's a brilliant bunny and we love him to bits.

How adorable is he :D ? He's soooo cute :D . What does he live in? (We need more cute bunny pictures!)

He has a "houserabbit" cage in the hallway, under the piano. He is only ever in it at night or to eat.

This is a bird's eye view of it empty

IMG_4208.jpg

And this is a cute one of him in it eating a corncob, whilst in the cage.

DSCF0138.jpg

He has a little hideyhole under the stairs, behind the paper recycling bag, where he snoozes mostly. Yet another cute bunny pic for ANH. :wink:

IMG_4382.jpg

Hi MedusA,

You have cutest bunny!! I am really impressed that he knows not to run away and escape. Does he run home when you call him too??

My bunnies are house rabbits too (in the winter) (they stay outside in the eglu in the summer), and we always try to let them out in the garden whenever possible. We have secured the garden so they can't run away. The boy is really good, and when he had enough fun (probably about 15/20 mins in this cold weather), we just open the door and call him, and he will run straight back home, but the girl is impossible. We tried food, but shes just not interested, she would come to the door, but never step over the threshold, and we always have to chase her all over the garden to get her back inside. Its not fun when its raining and cold!!! :(

We put her in the eglu run sometimes, but shes just got this sad face on, sit by the gate and wanting to run around the whole garden, and we always give in.... and end up having to spend half hour to get her back home.... :doh:

Have you got any tips to trick her back inside the house??

Thanks.

Hi bunnypnp.

My boy is like yours and comes when he's called most of the time. On the rare occasion he won't, we have a bamboo pole which we wave at him (don't worry he never gets hit with it) and we chase him back up to the house making "runrunrunrunrun" noises. :lol:

I dread to think what the neighbours must think! :shock:

Ha Ha MedusA! We do a similar thing. I've NEVER touched the bunnies with it or worried them with it but when I get the red broom out the buns know it's time to go into their eglu/run for the night. Sometimes, I just take it down from its hanging place, sometimes I have to walk into the middle of the garden with it. I first started with it when one of them hid under the bay tree when it was time to go to bed and I began to steer the broom handle towards the tree to rattle the branches. Before I got that far, Bandit ran out and round into the run. They just seem to identify it with bed time. Luckily these days though, when I begin to rattle food bags etc., they seem to know its bed time and I don't have to get the broom out!

hi there,

I have posted a note about putting a house rabbits in an eglu run. I have today come out to find a terrier trapped inside the run, it had somehow got underneath the so called "fox proof run", there were no dig holes so it must have pushed under the skirt, can you imagine when I did my daily check on Numpty, to see a DOG ! in the run, I was beside myself ...........

I would strongly advise to peg the run down, my poor lop ear white bundle of fluff house rabbit, .......... RIP.

Been tearful all day ::(:(:(

mmm the pole thing didn't work for us this morning!! (whiterabbit) and (brown rabbit) had their usual saturday morning run around the garden, and when it come to home time, I waved the pole in front of them. Instead of running home, they ran toward me, and thought I was playing with them and started trying to eat it!! :wall:

Maybe my buns are just not as smart your buns, MedusA & franklyrabbit...

Sorry bunnypnp, I wasn't very clear about how to use the stick :oops: . I kinda have it before me like a hoover or a broom, pointed towards the ground and if necessary, slightly angled toward said rabbit. I kinda herd them. It never touches them and they get all binkie, but they move (generally in the hoped for direction) as I shepherd them along.

I do have a funny picture of you and your (whiterabbit)(brown rabbit) , doing exactly the opposite to what you'd intended. My (black white rabbit)(black white rabbit) just seem to have a clock in them these days and I find them already in the run waiting for me - I've been trying to put them to bed a little later each day now that the suns goes down later but that just confuses them :think: