Phoebe

Blasted cat....

Oh no. Thats so sad. My youngest cat went through a spell of getting a bird nearly every week. I get so upset with him although I obviously know its just his nature.

Does your cat have a bell on its collar? I got a really noisy one on Dave's and he's not caught as much since then.

My cats always seem to catch the birds that i have got to know, presumably because they are the ones daft enough to come into the garden where 2 cats live on a regular basis. Mine have killed a Goldfinch and a juvenile Robin and my adult robin has not been seen since I used to give him meal worms during the last cold spell :(

Oh I'm so sorry. I hate it when my boys bring in tits or wagtails or wrens or robins or......

I know it's not much consolation but I'll bet another robin will come along soon. Robins are very territorial birds so fight over different gardens and if you have lost one, another will move in very soon. Ludwig brought me a robin in and within about a week I had a new resident robin singing his heart out.

I hate it when they bring in birds especially when they're not quite dead and they chase them around the house before killing them, leaving a trail of destruction and feathers.

mister had two bells on his collar last summer you could hear him a mile off as he jingled his way along, really kept making me think of Father christmas in his sleigh :lol: but he still caught masses of birds and mice. He is unfortunately a natural born killer, and nothing stands in his way.

Its partly our fault I suppose, as he does not have a bell, so that he CAN catch rabbits and mice (double standards here I agree ), but the rabbits in particular spread like wildfire round here

I have sort of forgiven him; at YS's behest, and its nice to know there will be another robin along some time. I don't feed the birds as I don't want to encourage them to come in the garden and be killed :( Normally I am not fussed about birds, but robins just seem so cheery :)

Oh well; as YS says, its just nature I suppose.

oh sorry - one of the delights of the recent cold spell has been to see my resident robin coming closer than ever. The poor little thing must have been desperate for food, I ran out of wild bird seed so threw down some chicken pellets for him.

I feed him near the chicken run, as I hope my cat is so scared of the chooks, it will put him off going near. It's one of the few downsides of having a cat, isn't it.