Guest sally

hello

Just recieved my password so i thougth i would say hello. About 6 weeks ago our eglu arrived and along with ella and bella and has been such a joy.

I look forward to discussion etc and noyice i am not alone in the north east.

Cheers

Sally

Hi Sally, we're the ones in Darlington, with Funky the Black Star (Bovans Nera to you forum users I think) and Blue Bell, the Bluebelle, and a pink Eglu.

We've had our girls for three weeks now, and have settled nicely into a routine. I do all the feeding. I do all the cleaning. I move the Eglu mid-week, then DH finally will get off his jack and help me move the Eglu to it's new postion for the w/e. The hens as yet stubbornly refusing to lay.

What do you have? (In the way of hens, not lazy hubbies lol!)

Hi Sally

Hope you don't mind but I've moved you to the nesting box and I'm supposed to tell you to satisfy our nosiness by filling in the questionnaire at the top of the list - this is purely voluntary of course. :D

Actually, having reread Lesley's post to me I think I was just supposed to direct you to the nesting box rather than move you, but this seems to be a good place anyway :D:D

Gosh......I tried to post my courgettes message with the username Sally and it said it was in use so I did a search to discover my previous attempt was successful, so thanks for all the replies.

A list of answers to all the questions

Ella & Bell are speckeldy hens and between them lay about 1 dozen eggs a week. The day after they dont lay we always get double yokes!

They are wonderful, and bring the garden to life. I had better not go on too much about them, my family already think i'm loosing the plot!

We live in Stocksfield, between Newcastle and Hexham.

I will try to find your questionaire and fiil it in and so hope this posts in the right place.

Cheers

Sally