Lesley

Secret Fabric Swap?

Will sort out later - yes, Minnie is a cat, so named because she is a bit of a minx, rather than a moocher. We're off to the vet in a minute for chipping and leukaemia vaccinations and a bit of a check up, so will try to get her to sit still enough to have piccies taken.

Back on topic, I found some lovely orange fabric while digging out a suitably exciting piece for an omleteer. Would you like it Lesley? :wink:

I have my fabric! Thank you so much to whoever sent it - I love it - it is stunning! Just a simple check cotton, but the colours are divine - I'm not going to make anything with it, just keep getting it out and drowning in the colours. They are my colours to a T! 8) I'll post pics when I get round to it :D Just wanted to say thanks :D

I got mine too! It's absolutely lovely, with hearts and lots of nummy colours. Will get camera out for fabric/kitten pics tonight :) I suspect it will end up being something baby related, I'm quite tempted to see if I can fashion it into a sling as I found a good pattern online.

Received my fabric yesterday and should like to say THANKYOU! to my secret swapper, it is beautiful. I haven't thought of anything to make yet that will do it justice. I shall attempt to post photos tomorrow (something new to learn) when feeling more alert.

Thank you to my secret swapper too :)

I have absolutely no idea what to do with my piece of fabric (white with black and turquoise stripes and it's stretchy).

With hindsight I think that we should have included the original intention for the fabric in the parcel. The fabric I swapped was originally meant to be a wall-hanging in the master bedroom of our previous house!

Alison

I got mine too! It's absolutely lovely, with hearts and lots of nummy colours. Will get camera out for fabric/kitten pics tonight :) I suspect it will end up being something baby related, I'm quite tempted to see if I can fashion it into a sling as I found a good pattern online.

Sorry, butting in on this thread when I didn't get involved, I have been watching avidly though!

Aunty E, where is the sling pattern? I'd love to go & have a look, thanks,

Sha x

Well mine is either going to be a peg bag, a carrier bag dispenser, a patio chair cushion, or a chicken / rabbit toy. It's such a useful, versatile colour & pattern - that I want to put it to best use. I've a pattern in my head, but it's a matter of if Icould cut it out correctly.

Of course it could end up being something totally different. I wanted to get the machine out tonight, but I had company...so tomorrow night hopefully.

I'm made up with my fabric as it is cotton & will be easy to cut & sew. :D

Emma.x

:D Mine came today. Thank you. Its little smiling bees on a blue/green background with little flowers, very cheery. Its saying summer to me.

I'm thinking bread basket, summer table runner :? Thought about children's quilt but wouldn't want them to get stung. Will ponder a bit :D

I saw a pattern last night for a bread basket where you tie corners together to make it. I was googling what to make with my fabric. Now I have lots of ideas - not sure which to choose! :roll:

How come I can't get time to get my sewing machine out? Weekend, I shall have my new kitten / cat under my feet & playing with my sewing stash! he he.

Emma.x

If I don't get started soon it will be Autumn before I get mine made up into anything :D

Yesterday disappeared because of a poorly sheep........the weekend will go the same way....we are attending the Kill It, Pluck It.... course on Sunday .....and then lambing is imminent........

.....perhaps I should make a sling for carrying lambs :think: