woodhamd

Re-design for easier replacement of rod/pin: Suggestion

Does anyone else find that replacing the top of the Eglu is a two man operation. Unless you are tall enough the straddle the top to keep the Pin side from moving outwards?

Wouldn't it be a better idea if the base had a guiding slot to hold the pin side of the Eglu top firmly in place. This would stop the lateral movement, thus allowing the bar to glide in the slot without pushing it away.

Does anyone else find that replacing the top of the Eglu is a two man operation. Unless you are tall enough the straddle the top to keep the Pin side from moving outwards?

Wouldn't it be a better idea if the base had a guiding slot to hold the pin side of the Eglu top firmly in place. This would stop the lateral movement, thus allowing the bar to glide in the slot without pushing it away.

I dont find it a problem to be honest. I stand to the side of the eglu, and I hold the top of the lid, and one side. Then it just sits on the grey bit, and I can clip the lid over the black doodah from the side where I stand.

I see what you mean now.

Sometimes I get 'stuff' up against that side of the Eglu base, and it pushes the top of the Eglu outwards so that I can't get the pin in the hole. It just needs cleaning away regularly. Once my daughter sat on top of the Eglu top when I had taken it off ( :twisted: ), this must've caused the sides to splay out a little as it was difficult to get it back on again - I just put the Eglu top on its side and leant on it to press the sides inwards.

I dont find it a problem to be honest. I stand to the side of the eglu, and I hold the top of the lid, and one side. Then it just sits on the grey bit, and I can clip the lid over the black doodah from the side where I stand.

Ditto for me as well.

My Eglu is raised up about 18 inches on a frame as well so I don't have to bend much whilst holding the top as I find it heavy. :oops:

I've solved the problem by never taking my Eglu apart. I find I can clean it quite easily without doing so via the egg-port. I take the bars out that way. I guess I'm a slob, but so are the chickens and we get on very well.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm much the same :roll: although it gets dismantled when I move it round the garden just for ease,so gets a good wash at the same time :D

karen x

Yes, I have exactly that problem - I shove the black bar at one side, pop round the other side and find it has retreated again. So I have to shunt the bar in with my foot then bend over the Eglu very inelegantly with my bottom in the air and try and jam the Golden Pin in from that ungainly angle.

To be honest it's the only snag as everything else is so easy to dismantle / mantle and clean.