Emma Tarpey Posted April 14, 2009 Share Posted April 14, 2009 The whole thing with lots of butter melting in the centre Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted April 14, 2009 Share Posted April 14, 2009 I usually prefer the tops but when my hubby makes them he puts loads of butter on and puts them together and so long as I didn't see how much butter they are lovely. My younger 2 children both prefer them untoasted. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted April 14, 2009 Share Posted April 14, 2009 I voted bottom but I love all of it untoasted with loads of butter - and I mean a hot cross bun with my butter cold Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy chickens! Posted April 14, 2009 Share Posted April 14, 2009 Definitely bottoms for me!! Fortunately husband is a 'top' person, so you can see why we got married! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted April 15, 2009 Share Posted April 15, 2009 Tops! ....and I have to pick all the dead flies out or make my own (with just candied peel and lots of mixed spices - Yum!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BeckyBoo Posted April 15, 2009 Share Posted April 15, 2009 All of it.......with loads of real butter in the middle Yup, I'm with Fee! Course, if you eat six in a day they make you feel sick BeckyBoo Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted April 15, 2009 Share Posted April 15, 2009 Top, just so you can peel the cross off and eat it first Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jenuk99 Posted April 17, 2009 Share Posted April 17, 2009 I like the lot hot with butter and I have a Chinese friend who has never tried them so I offered to make her some. I got all my ingrediants and felt all excited about it. Had never used yeast so followed all my instrustions carefully put them in the oven and waited for the yummy smell. When she cme round they were smelling great and I made the shiny glaze for the top. Only problem was that the yeast hadnt risen so they were more like rock buns. So here we were her first time eating them and my first time making them and they had a reall crunch to them. We both ended up laughing so much that we were crying! She said if she had bought them she wouldn't have them again opps but she does like the ones from M and s Jen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...