Amy Walpole

Smallest pullet Open beak and sneezing

If she has the bacteria associated with a head cold this can get very bad if untreated leading to swolen face, runny eyes and beak, etc.

The vet can prescribe a special antibiotic to target this bacteria as our girls had this just recently but we caught it before it got to the nasty stages above.

You could then use citrocidal or something similar as a preventative afterwards.

If she has the bacteria associated with a head cold this can get very bad if untreated leading to swolen face, runny eyes and beak, etc.

The vet can prescribe a special antibiotic to target this bacteria as our girls had this just recently but we caught it before it got to the nasty stages above.

You could then use citrocidal or something similar as a preventative afterwards.

May be a dumb question but how would you know if they have that bacteria? The reason I ask is that one of my new girls seems to be sneezing a little. She is scoffing her food and seems to be drinking loads.

She did spend some time with our original new girl who went back last Thursday and was quite poorly and may have caught something from her. She doesn't seem unwell and is scratching around quite happily and has bright eyes but I am wondering whether I should contact a vet.

Any and all info gratefully received!