Richard T

I've just bought ... (continued)

Longer term inmates of the forum might have noticed that the thread entitled “I’ve just bought a …”, about the attempt by HennyPenny and me to move from sarf east lundun, innit, to leafy Kent, has disappeared. Unfortunately about a week ago it was deleted accidentally. But never mind. Here’s an update.

There is good news and bad news. The good news is that everything is on track for moving into our new home before the end of October. We’re hoping to sign the contract this week and aiming to complete so that we can move in in half term week (the week starting 23 October). :dance:

The bad news is that on Friday the sale of our current home fell through for the second time. Basically, there were too many things wrong with the house for the buyers. So it looks like we’re going to have to do all of those repairs we were hoping we could avoid doing. :evil:

Can anyone recommend a good removal firm?

Richard T

Longer term inmates of the forum might have noticed that the thread entitled “I’ve just bought a …”, about the attempt by HennyPenny and me to move from sarf east lundun, innit, to leafy Kent, has disappeared. Unfortunately about a week ago it was deleted accidentally. But never mind. Here’s an update.

Richard T

Pheww..

that means my offer to help you move house (extra pair of hands) can never be proved!!

Phil

Thanks everyone (except Phil :P ). I don't think there's anything really major to do, but we will probably have to get someone in for some of the work because I just haven't got the time at the moment. But it depends how much we think we need to do and whether anyone comes along prepared to buy the house in the state it's in and do the work.

Richard T

Pheww..

that means my offer to help you move house (extra pair of hands) can never be proved!!

Phil

As for Phil, you see that emoticon there :arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::liar: ?

That's Phil that is.

(clears throat) "Oi Phil! Are you sure you're a vicar?"

Richard T

As for Phil, you see that emoticon there :arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::liar: ?

That's Phil that is.

(clears throat) "Oi Phil! Are you sure you're a vicar?"

Richard T

Oi!!! In that other thread I did actually offer to help you move (I'm quite good a lugging stuff about..)!! I said that I was closish to both ends (though the Kent end might be nearer) and I am currently on sabbatical so more available than usual...

how very dare you!! :roll::lol:

Phil

Good luck mate - moving house is vile. I don't even want to try and recall our last move it was a complete horror show... :(

I have moved house 9 times in my few short years (err.. 42) - I love it - the sense of the new - the new start - stuff to explore...

I'm a bit of a moving-junkie...

moss grows fat on a rolling stone etc... :wink:

Phil

:oops: Sorry Phil for implying that you hadn't made your very kind and generous offer. I completely withdraw the accusation and hope you will accept my apology.

I've moved seven times in the last 20 years and have used just about every form of transport except horse and cart (I did one move by making several trips on my bike). But this time, despite having several friends making kind offers (including my mate Drinking Dave and his German friend Dodgy Deutsch, who's got a van that runs on chip shop oil), HennyPenny is insisting on using a proper removal firm :roll: .

But we'll see ...

Richard T

:oops: Sorry Phil for implying that you hadn't made your very kind and generous offer. I completely withdraw the accusation and hope you will accept my apology.

I've moved seven times in the last 20 years and have used just about every form of transport except horse and cart (I did one move by making several trips on my bike). But this time, despite having several friends making kind offers (including my mate Drinking Dave and his German friend Dodgy Deutsch, who's got a van that runs on chip shop oil), HennyPenny is insisting on using a proper removal firm :roll: .

But we'll see ...

Richard T

no problem, Richard... (I was only mock-cross!)

I like the sound of Drinking Dave and Dodgy Deutsch - I'd go with them rather than Pickfords anyday!!!

in fact - why not go into business together: - I can just imagine the vans: "Drinking Dave & Dodgy Deutsch's Domestic Removals".. in fact, if you joined in it could be "Dave, Deutsch and Dick's Dodgy Domestic Removals"

I can remember us moving from Southampton to Manchester. My dad transported all our stuff (not very much) in a motorbike and sidecar...

:shock:

Phil