i_want_the_good_life Posted April 30, 2009 Share Posted April 30, 2009 Which is best/preferred? Verm-ex liquid looks easiest? Help!?!? Adam Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted April 30, 2009 Share Posted April 30, 2009 Definitely Flubenvet. I used Vermex for ages, and at great expense I might add, only to find that my chickens ( I only had 8 at the time) were heaving with worms. A course of Flubenvet and they were as right as rain. I use it routinely every 3 to 4 months now, as they range over the same ground. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
i_want_the_good_life Posted April 30, 2009 Author Share Posted April 30, 2009 Is there one variety of Flubenvet or will it be like other items... I'll get to the shop and stand there like a lemon staring at the multiple options waiting for inspiration?!? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted April 30, 2009 Share Posted April 30, 2009 There is the **1% small flock wormer** Easy to administer but works out far more costly in the long run than the **2.5% version** Article **here** containing info about administration and dosage of the 2.5% version. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chooks Aloud Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 I'm with Egluntine - definitely Flubenvet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 Me too! I've just bought a new box of the small flock version. It's a very reliable wormer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 I'm with the others. I use flubenvet (2.5% version) and have never had a problem with worms....neither have the chickens Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daphne Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 Flube - I had exactly the same experience as Egluntine. You only want to see a roundworm once in your life (1.5-2 inches of wiggling spaghetti) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 No expert but bought a big tub Flubenvet(that will last for years apparently) for about £20 via petmeds on line and I wormed them prior to them laying their first eggs this week and didnt spot any worms but peace of mind they are going on a 3/4monthly worming programme If its the same with horses good to keep the run and housing clean should help reduce worm burden(sorry know more about equines than chickens)!! Depending on the strenght of wormer it was quite a small amount of medication Really easy good luck indie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hen Watch Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 I use Flubenvet Intermediate too every 3 months. You can buy it online, shop around for best price. http://www.petdispensary.co.uk http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk http://www.petmeds.co.uk/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 Flubenvet absolutely. Have heard people that have used verm-ex still had worms in their chooks, so false economy in my eyes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
4Clucks-minusOne Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 Would anyone like to share a pot of Flubenvent? I only have 3 girls so a large pot would probably outlast them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 I use both - Verm-X and Flubenvet. Flubenvet is given for 7 days starting on the first day every four months because of the abundance of wildlife - I don't want them harbouring nasties. I usually do January, May, September. With the Verm-X I do the same for the months in between just to keep things unpleasant for lurking parasites. If I think they need worming, then I will give them a dose of Flubenvet instead of Verm-X and make it 3 monthly sessions just to be sure. By keeping the doses to the first of the month it helps me to remember - I do have a rubbish memory. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
seraphine Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 Would anyone like to share a pot of Flubenvent? I only have 3 girls so a large pot would probably outlast them. I'd be interested as, like you, I'll only have 3 chooks so a huge tub would last forever and I'd rather not keep big tubs of medicines hanging around... Where are you? Just wondering if onward postage to you/me might be prohibitive? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
4Clucks-minusOne Posted May 4, 2009 Share Posted May 4, 2009 Hi Seraphine I'm up in Huddersfield so it will have to be posted. I ordered a 240g pot yesterday so should be here in the week. Quite happy to share. I will let you know when it arrives and you can decide then. Perhaps someone else will share too. Like you I don't want meds hanging around for ever. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...