becks

Can anyone help to rehome Beryl????

Sadly one of my chickens died this weekend :( - she had been looking ill a while ago but seemed to have recovered but then sadly went downhill very quickly last week. This now leaves me with the problem of only having one left on her own. Much as I love my chicken keeping, I am six months pregnant and don't feel its the right time for me to get more at the moment so I am hoping that someone kind will rehome Beryl my remaining chook. She is a white girl and lays lovely tasty eggs. She is a bit shy about being handled but is a healthy girl and no trouble at all. I would be happy to deliver her within reason - I live in Central London so anywhere within say an hours drive.

I am keeping my eglu and hope to get some new girls next spring.

I hope one of you lovely people can help me. :)

Becks

I may well be able to rehome Beryl. I will talk to the OH (as this will require extra housing, time to create the double ended eglu!), but I'm sure there are other ladies out there who could offer Beryl a home if OH is mean about it or if you'd rather she went to a home with fewer chooks.

We can! OH agrees that it's time for the bantams to have their own place ( not another eglu until I'm richer though :( but a pretty wooden ark ) so that means we have space in the eglu! If you like anyway :wink: I won't be offended if you find someone else! I'm about to pm you.

Hi Becks. Sorry to hear about Daphne, and I can understand your decision. I'm glad that you'll be hoping to start again in the Spring, when your newborn is settled, very wise.

I would love to adopt Beryl! I have a little white star & really wished I'd got more than one white chicken. One more hen would easily fit in, and I have plenty of space to take care to introduce her gently. Of course, if you have another offer that suits you, that's fine. But you know where I am! I can easily be around most times over the next few days, prob. the sooner the better for Beryl.

Will check for mail later if you want to pm me, best wishes whatever you decide,

As the forum glitch ate the last couple of posts on this thread, I just thought I'd say that we picked Beryl up on Tuesday evening, and so far she's settling in well, with minimal feather pulling. It helps that she's quite feisty! I considered seeing if Becks would part with her little girl as well, who is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Here are some piccies of Beryl. She is difficult to get photos of because her two favourite places are under the lavender with Kitty or sitting on my feet! All settled in nicely, although the odd white feather is floating around the garden...

BerylandKitty.jpg

Beryl.jpg

Oh and Bonnie, looking ridiculous. She tapped on the window for ages before I shooed her back under the run cover.

soggybonnie.jpg