gooner.girl

Football Chat

Not as funny as my Bolton joke Phil!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: Can't you do better then that?

BTW Have you indoctrinated your wife and kids to the Bolton way?!

only my daughter is interested - the boys have no flicker of interest whatsoever.. :roll:

the missus has been to a game with me - and she enjoyed it (we beat Charlton 4-1 at t'Reebok - but she's not that fussed!!

My little girl will chant Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivan Campo, Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivan Campo with the best of them!

and - just to be kind, I just found this picture of "Ooops, word censored!"ne Wenger as a young child.. the nasty northern bully-boy children are being mean to ickle "Ooops, word censored!"ne again....

baby-crying.jpg

:wink:

(you have to admit - he's the spitting image!!)

Phil

6. Apparently, when Sam Allardyce was Bolton manager he offered to send the squad on an all expenses paid holiday to Florida but they declined. They'd rather go to Blackpool so they could see what it's like to ride on an open-top bus.

time for bed, I think, Martin!! 8)

Phil

Martin - i love your joke!!!! I bet Phil enjoyed it to! :wink:

My little girl will chant Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivan Campo, Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivan Campo with the best of them!

Awwww. Thats almost sweet if it wasn't a bolton players name she was chanting... Why don't you teach her ''Thierry Henry, Thierry Henry'?

Just you wait, if i come round to your house when i'm up at my Grannys to meet your chickens i'm going to take her to one side and introduce her to some great chants daddy would love to hear............

Am i un-invited now? :wink::?

Helen, I don't know if you remember a few seasons back - Mark Lawrenson kept predicting Bolton to lose and get relegated..

a group of Bolton fans challenged him to a bet - we would raise money for Bolton Hospice (I think it came to a couple of thousand) - but he would shave off his moustache if Bolton survived.

we went on Football Focus to issue the challenge - and then afterwards they filmed us in a posh barbers in the West End - with Lawrenson having his 'tache shaved off with a cut-throat razor

for the challenge the BBC got us to wear fake moustaches - and then peel them off - hence the following two photos - no.1 with moustaches - no.2 without.. I'm the bloke with the hat on...

(you may have noticed he has never grown it back! I took my daughter with me to see the shaving - he was a really nice bloke!)

Phil

Simon-FFwithfalsetache2.jpg

Simon-FF12Jan02.jpg

Wow thats so cool Phil! :lol:

I don't remember that, although i vaguely remember him saying about Bolton going down, but Mark Lawrenson looks so young! What season was that? Did you do that through the fanzine you write for?

Helen

it was through an old email list that I belong to (I've been on that for more than 10 years now...) It was organised mostly in Bolton - but it was convenient for us London-based Whites to go and do the actual challenge...

it's hard to remember him without his 'tache now - it was back in the 2001-2002 season...

here he is with 'tache:

_774976_lawrensen150.jpg

and here he is without:

lawrenson_mid1_150x200.jpg

he thanked us because it took years off him...

the Bolton Evening News did a big feature and published a special edition cartoon - I've got a large copy on the wall - I'll photograph it tomorrow...

8)

Phil

Is that why you have no hair on your head now Phil? Do you think it takes the years off??? :wink:

Cartoon sounds great!!! Stick it on here asap!!! Do you have the feature on video??

I used to - but it got taped over :cry: I may ask the others if they kept a copy...

here's the report from a local paper.. (Simon Maddrell is the one at the front in the photos - he's an ace guy - he set up his own charity planting trees and building dams across africa.. called "Excellent Development")

Lawrenson takes up the cash for 'tache challenge

From the Bolton Evening News, first published Monday 14th Jan 2002.

FOOTBALL pundit Mark Lawrenson has accepted a challenge by Bolton Wanderers fans to shave off his moustache if Bolton stay in the Premiership.

Four supporters appeared on BBC1's Football Focus on Saturday to issue the lippy critic their "put up or shut up" ultimatum.

And, despite looking nervous, Lawrenson, who has constantly tipped the Wanderers to be relegated, said: "Yeah, I'll take them on." If Bolton stay up, the moustache must go and the four fans -- who all sported fake moustaches during their screen appearance -- will pay £1,500 to Bolton Hospice.

But if Wanderers start next season in Division One, the cash will go to a charity of the former soccer star's choice.

A section of Wanderers fans aim to continue the light-hearted challenge at every home match until the end of the season.

During Saturday's game against Chelsea, members of the 12-strong resident samba band Reebok Rhythm sported fake moustaches.

Band leader Simon Williams said: "We got some fans asking us what we were doing so it highlights the charity fund-raising.

"I'm glad Lawro accepted the challenge."

The fans who issued the challenge are members of a 175-strong e-mail chat group which has had pledges of £1,300 from all over the world. The BBC has added £200.

Fans' spokesman Simon Maddrell said: "Now all we have to do is prove Lawrenson wrong."

8)

Phil

My son has a theory that Mark Lawrenson shaved off his moustache to divert people's attention away from the fact that he had had plastic surgery.

There is some merit in the idea...but frankly...I'd be asking for a refund if it is true!

However, they do say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder

and

Handsome is as handsome does.

I dare say others find him terrifically gorgeous.

Is that why you have no hair on your head now Phil? Do you think it takes the years off??? :wink:

Cartoon sounds great!!! Stick it on here asap!!!

here it is...

20070116_164.jpg

8)

Phil

I used to - but it got taped over

Thought you meant your hair at first Phil!

Shame about the vid - i'd love to have seen a copy!!!

Great article...

"Ooops, word censored!"nal have got Man. U at the weekend... :cry: Who have Bolton got? And Villa? Chelsea?

We've got Liverpool Helen. Hoping for the same defensive performance as the other day from the once "chumpions of europe" :wink::lol::pray:

We've got Liverpool Helen. Hoping for the same defensive performance as the other day from the once "chumpions of europe" :wink::lol::pray:

Do you lot still want to buy our Tal Ben Haim?? he's out of contract in the summer - but I guess you need him now to cover for John Terry..

the ever-reliable ( :roll: ) Sun reckons that Abramovich is offering TBH to Jose as a peace-offering.. - £2.5 million - to stop him having such a huge hissy-fit!!

however - now Wet Spam are interested too - and are offering our Tal £70,000 a week (allegedly)

bidding war anyone? Clash of the big buy-out clubs - Russian Oil Robber vs. Icelandic fish-man :lol:

he's a great defender - but I'd rather make some cash now than lose him for free in the summer...

8)

Phil

I read that in the sun too Phil. not sure whether I believe though! :?

I would rather have him than pay £20 million for micah richards from man city (bit pricey eh?)

I just think we need a solid, reliable, "defend anything" player (like JT), and I dont want a big name....just someone who can help keep a clean sheet :wink: