Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 Things come in threes they say . No 1. Our internet went off at about 8pm last night and has only just gone back on . No 2. My new fridge/freezer arrived. Tried to swop the door over (I have done it before so am not a fridge door swopping numpty ) but the first instruction bore no resemblance to my fridge, then it said "unscrew" where there was no screw just a bolt. Managed it with pliers but couldn't "unscrew" the "shaft" on the hinge as there was no flat surface to get any purchase. Used an adjustable spanner and ended up shearing off a bit of metal . Can't get an engineer till Friday and if he says it's not a fault I'll be charged £85 . No way I'm paying a penny . No 3. The back of my mobile phone has disappeared . It still works but I'd still like to find it . Never mind, my little boy is back from his trip to France and is asleep on the sofa as we speak . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 Oh dear - might be time to try to think of some positive things that have happened today? Anything good happened? I have days like that. I could currently scream at my two older children for leaving me to clear everything up (dishwasher has broken again - paid out over £200 at Christmas to fix it, something else wrong now - so muggins is doing all the washing up) but I'm going with the excitement of my younger child who is so looking forward to his induction day at 'big' school tomorrow. Not a lot of help I know but you're not alone Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helly Welly Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 Well that's your three so the rest of the day should get better. It's just one of those days, try to remember that it'll be better tomorrow and there are many good things in your life, such as your son. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 Sometimes all those little niggles add up to the most annoying time! I know what you mean when everything seems to go wrong all at once. Tomorrow can only get better! That's my mantra Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 Yeah know how you feel, have bite on leg that itches so much I could cheerfully chop my leg off, then was rummaging in shed and got rusty nail in rt thumb. that was over weekend. Today kissed YS at school gate and caught my rt eye with the front bit of his basball cap - hurt like hell and eye was watery. It looked like I was crying and I felt like it Stopped off at Tescos for eye drops, colleague gave me a tet tox and leg plastered up to stop me scratching. feel less traumatised - hope you do too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 Something to cheer you up. Who was the last one on Mark's thread part 1? It was yoohoo with a big Good Morning smiley thing! Debs finished the next one. Yowser Nochucks. I'd go to bed early before anything else happens! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 So ANH which both hold the lofty status of killing the crazy thread I feel honoured, don't know about you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...