stoice Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 My town used to have lovely flowers and planters. Every year a gorgeous display. This year the council have stated there is no money/time to still provide the same service for the town. They have ripped up rose bushes and are going turf over them, and have left planters empty since winter only to fill with weeds. Human shrub to the rescue! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1198062/Human-Shrub-plants-flowers-protest-councils-horticultural-spending-cuts.html Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 Good for him . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 I think I love him. And why are they waiting til august? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stoice Posted July 8, 2009 Author Share Posted July 8, 2009 I was confused by the councilors quote too! 'we are replanting the planters next month – the proper time' Not sure August is proper to plant them when they've been empty since last year. Bit odd that one. I'd already seen one of the rose bush masacre sites. Someone had put a cross in the ground stating 'RIP Roses'. It's enraged a lot of people as we have always had such a nice display. Maybe a planter could be sponsored by other companies too, or schools - kinda like Hugh F W 'Landshare' or planting in town spaces schemes. I don't know. Good for Human Shrub I say! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 Must admit first I'd heard of "him" - he looks like hes having a bad hair day - I look like that most mornings Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 good for him/her!? I love that he/she is inspiring others to make a stand too! We need more people like this in the world Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 Good for him! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 Bravo! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickpea Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 Yay good for the shrub! I feel a Monty Python quote coming on... "You will bring us a shrubbery!" Tee hee! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kitbag Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 I think that's great! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 9, 2009 Share Posted July 9, 2009 I read this yesterday and it really made my day to hear that someone is doing some good at last. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...