Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 A lady from just down the road has just come round asking if I have hens or ducks because a tiny duckling was found wandering down the road . The SSPCA have it now but she thought I had hens so came to ask. It was only a few days old so they think perhaps a seagull or something dropped it . I gather it's OK and will be looked after and released. I could have had my very own Duckling of Fate . (I've not put this into Ducks as I'm not a Duck Owner - although very nearly was .) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 Now that would have properly mucked up that new lawn Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 Ooooooooooooooo so close........a DOF Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bexbex Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 I like ducks and love duck eggs but they don't half make a mess! lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
*mummy_hen* Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 Aww....you could have made it super tame and it would have sat on your lap whilst you were watching TV Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 Could have been a house duck and saved the lawn Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 It reminds me of that old children's saying "I'm a chicken, you're a duck. I lay eggs and you lay muck " I was a right know it all as a kid, and told a kid who said that to me that ducks lay eggs too. Its a wonder I got through school without being bullied really Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 Aww, you could have had a pond inside another WIR especially for the DOF Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 I'd love a Tony run with ducks and a little pond. Hubby isn't so keen. I'm thinking miniature breeds. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...