Chook n Boo Mum Posted August 12, 2009 Share Posted August 12, 2009 Omlet good wishes work again....still hoping for Louise Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
3364ib Posted August 12, 2009 Share Posted August 12, 2009 Hi AllThank you so much for all your messages. I have some good news. Tikka came home yesterday and laid an egg at about 4.30. I have no idea where she was, I had been looking all afternoon and then she just appeared. Still no sign of Louise . I am not holding out much hope now as I think if she was OK they would have been together, but fingers crossed she is still around somewhere. How brilliant, you must of been worried sick. Come on louise, you can find your way back x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Beca Chick Posted August 12, 2009 Share Posted August 12, 2009 O poor you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have one clever chicken ! Every thing crossed for Louise !!!!!!!!!!!! Keep looking !!!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 Any sign of her? Or any more idea of where they went? Tricia Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gamebird Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 That's really good news about Tikka. If only she could talk. Fingers crossed for the safe return of Louise. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 Good news about Tikka. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tidygirlsuk Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 I'm glad that Tikka is ok. Good luck finding Louise. x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vikpow Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 Any news on Louise? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JS1 Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 I do hope Louise has made her way back safely too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bexbex Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 where do you live? My father-in-law has found a lone chicken in Hexthorpe, Doncaster. Becki x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 The suspense of not knowing if the two incidents are connected is killing me! I hope Lynn logs on soon.. Tricia Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
legend21 Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 I couldn,t wait to get home to catch up on what had happened jackie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 Where is she? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JS1 Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 Has anyone PM-ed her? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CluckyBucks Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 Fingers crossed that it is her chicken xx xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bexbex Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 It would be a lovely ending if it was but looking at the chicken she looks like a hybrid, not a pepperpot He's the post I made earlier which I updated after I went to have a look at her. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50505 I do think it's lovely that all the fellow chicken keepers look out for each others chickens though as nice to think if it were one of mine missing people would do the same Becki x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lynnej33 Posted August 18, 2009 Author Share Posted August 18, 2009 Hi All Well you are not going to believe what has happened now. As you all know Tikka came home, the next morning my hubby went out again searching for Louise but with no luck. I called a friend of mine that keeps lots of chickens and told her how Tikka was very unsettled and not very happy on her own. She said that I could have on of hers so I went straight over a picked her up (now named Flo). I put her in with Tikka and went off again for another look, I told the neighbours and the decorator next door to keep an eye out for her. Through the afternoon I kept checking on them both and then went off to feed the horses and the goats, when I got back they were still fine so I went inside for a shower. A bit later I popped out to check again and there in the eglu was Louise surely I could not have missed her. I was gob smacked and confused, I then saw the gardener next door who said someone had told the decorator that there was a chicken in the farm house garden by the pool (I could imagine her sipping Pimms laying on a sun lounger by the pool) he said I know whos that is went and got her and put her back in the eglu. What a saga. So basicly I have gone from having 2 chickens to none to 1 to 2 and then to 3. Thank you ALL for your kind messages and support you have been great Love Lynne Tikka Louise and Flo xxxxxxxxxxxxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 18, 2009 Share Posted August 18, 2009 horray what a great ending to a rather stressful story. how wonderful to have such great people around cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted August 18, 2009 Share Posted August 18, 2009 how hysterical Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JS1 Posted August 18, 2009 Share Posted August 18, 2009 How fab - so pleased to hear it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kit Posted August 18, 2009 Share Posted August 18, 2009 Brilliant news.....I am so pleased for you and your girls getting a new friend! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
eggregiousness Posted August 18, 2009 Share Posted August 18, 2009 A happy ending - Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Surrey Hen Posted August 18, 2009 Share Posted August 18, 2009 So happy to hear you have had a happy ending Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Steph101 Posted August 18, 2009 Share Posted August 18, 2009 I've been following this story for days - congratualtions! I'm so glad it's good news! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
3364ib Posted August 18, 2009 Share Posted August 18, 2009 ooooohhhhhh so brilliant news!!!!! Im really chuffed youve got your own little chickie village now. I wunder what and where louise has been, and done . Really fab news, just keep them all in together for a good few days so they definatley know where home is, or buy Louise a sat nav!!!! Viv x Hi All Well you are not going to believe what has happened now. As you all know Tikka came home, the next morning my hubby went out again searching for Louise but with no luck. I called a friend of mine that keeps lots of chickens and told her how Tikka was very unsettled and not very happy on her own. She said that I could have on of hers so I went straight over a picked her up (now named Flo). I put her in with Tikka and went off again for another look, I told the neighbours and the decorator next door to keep an eye out for her. Through the afternoon I kept checking on them both and then went off to feed the horses and the goats, when I got back they were still fine so I went inside for a shower. A bit later I popped out to check again and there in the eglu was Louise surely I could not have missed her. I was gob smacked and confused, I then saw the gardener next door who said someone had told the decorator that there was a chicken in the farm house garden by the pool (I could imagine her sipping Pimms laying on a sun lounger by the pool) he said I know whos that is went and got her and put her back in the eglu. What a saga. So basicly I have gone from having 2 chickens to none to 1 to 2 and then to 3. Thank you ALL for your kind messages and support you have been great Love Lynne Tikka Louise and Flo xxxxxxxxxxxxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...