Valkyrie Posted September 24, 2009 Share Posted September 24, 2009 Well part of our driveway is shared between 3 of us - she noses into our own part to reverse (making a pothole with her tyre and narrowly missing our cars - which are now strategically placed to try and make them realise they are mucking up our part and STOP IT!). She then blasts backwards around the end of our garden (just managing to keep off our grass) and skids to a halt on their stones. Otherwise she noses in and skids on the stones with about 3 inches to spare from their garage. We are just in the process of having the driveways redone because she sped so fast out onto the road, that the gravel was worn down to non-existent, leaving a big drop. Strangely only her and her mum (equally bad driver) had problems grounding their cars on it (smugsmugsmug ). Every time she goes out there is an orange dust storm all over the front not unlike Sydney the other day! The gravel goes down tomorrow. Now I wonder how long it will last this time. They have already had large stones put on their own part (which they regret now - harrrr - they can't walk on it because it's like walking on Chesil Beach) I do like the stinger idea, oh IdoIdoIdoooo! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted September 24, 2009 Share Posted September 24, 2009 If I ruled the world....only people with real talent would be celebrities...not sad has beens (mentioning Jordan no Peter Andre names Victoria Beckham) The TV would have more proper drama and less programmes relying on poor quality CCTV with a voice over Supermarkets would have to behave in a moral and truthful manner There would be no more Health and Safety Executive, I do not need to have a risk assessment to deliver four children to a maths challenge at a neighbouring school....(I think the Head mistress was quite embarassed when she presented it to me actually, and I said "Oh you think I should stop in the layby outside the school to get them out of the car?...I'd thought I'd just stop on the fast lane of the A27 and let them jog the rest of the way grrrrr) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted September 24, 2009 Share Posted September 24, 2009 I hate people who are inconsiderate. Oh and people who force inappropriate conditions on living creatures so that they can play with them when they want to. Does anybody remember The Water Babies by Charles Kingsley? Well "Mrs Do As You Would be Done By" just about sums it up Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted September 25, 2009 Share Posted September 25, 2009 There would be no more Health and Safety Executive, Oh, yes, definitely . I was putting up a new wall display at school this week and was told that the rules now state you can't have more than a metre of paper without a "firebreak" (my word) before putting up the next section . 'Cos the paper on a wall display is the only thing in a classroom that would catch fire and a little gap's really going to stop the flames spreading . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted September 25, 2009 Share Posted September 25, 2009 I miss my friends Miss Manners and her sister Prudence. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted September 25, 2009 Share Posted September 25, 2009 I had to toot my horn twice today because cars will not wait when they come across an obstacle on their side of the road. Now I am not invisible and yet they deliberately made me do an emergency stop - on the same itty bitty stretch of road! One car out of 3 did and I thanked him very clearly and he smiled. The other two I would happily knock their blocks off. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...