francesca88 Posted October 17, 2009 Share Posted October 17, 2009 Are two for £4 at the minute! (usually £2.49 a tub) I stocked up today Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted October 17, 2009 Share Posted October 17, 2009 Thanks for the heads up, will go look tomorro Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted October 17, 2009 Share Posted October 17, 2009 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cluckingmad Posted October 18, 2009 Share Posted October 18, 2009 guess where I'm gpoing tomorrow then Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted October 18, 2009 Share Posted October 18, 2009 (edited) We got a nice size tub from B & M last week for £1.99. Edited October 18, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sandyhas3chucks Posted October 18, 2009 Share Posted October 18, 2009 Are two for £4 at the minute! (usually £2.49 a tub) I stocked up today are they 200 gram tubs? Isn't that still £20 a kg. £29.50 for 3 kgs here http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com/acatalog/Live_Bird_Food.html including delivery is still only £10 a kg and less if you buy with a friend and get 2! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted October 18, 2009 Share Posted October 18, 2009 Are two for £4 at the minute! (usually £2.49 a tub) I stocked up today are they 200 gram tubs? Isn't that still £20 a kg. £29.50 for 3 kgs here http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com/acatalog/Live_Bird_Food.html including delivery is still only £10 a kg and less if you buy with a friend and get 2! My calculation if they are £2 for 200g would make that £10 a kg; ie 200g tub x 5 (but you would have to buy 6 as 2 or £4) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sandyhas3chucks Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 missed the bogoff bit they could also be 250g tubs which would be best value! My local garden centre currently £12.99 fo 200g! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 Mealworms vary wildly in price. We have been buying them from Wilkinsons for quite a while (thanks for the heads up on the offer ) but some of the garden centres charge a small fortune for them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
francesca88 Posted October 19, 2009 Author Share Posted October 19, 2009 Are two for £4 at the minute! (usually £2.49 a tub) I stocked up today are they 200 gram tubs? Isn't that still £20 a kg. £29.50 for 3 kgs here http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com/acatalog/Live_Bird_Food.html including delivery is still only £10 a kg and less if you buy with a friend and get 2! They're only 100g tubs, so I think you've found a real bargain there! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 Are two for £4 at the minute! (usually £2.49 a tub) I stocked up today are they 200 gram tubs? Isn't that still £20 a kg. £29.50 for 3 kgs here http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com/acatalog/Live_Bird_Food.html including delivery is still only £10 a kg and less if you buy with a friend and get 2! They're only 100g tubs, so I think you've found a real bargain there! They are 100g tubs. I bought the mealworms from wildbirdfood, really good customer service, and with 12 girls who love mealworms I don't mind buying in bulk Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 SC, are they not live?? Sorry but i can only just manage to hold the dried ones! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dappy Chick Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 I've moved onto Garvo treat bags with silk worms 600g bags for £2.70 Mine love them just as much Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 SC, are they not live?? Sorry but i can only just manage to hold the dried ones! No I only buy the dried ones Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cluckingmad Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 funnily enough... I'm the other way round ! With two bearded dragons I'm quite used ot picking up wiggly things at feeding time, so the dried ones just felt really ewwwwww! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 SC, are they not live?? Sorry but i can only just manage to hold the dried ones! No I only buy the dried ones Phew! funnily enough... I'm the other way round ! With two bearded dragons I'm quite used ot picking up wiggly things at feeding time, so the dried ones just felt really ewwwwww! Ewwww Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cluckingmad Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 Sorry Sandie We have to feed them locusts and all sorts, so mealworms really are the least icky of the foodstuffs!! They're MEANT to be dearest OH's. but somehow I end up feeding them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fur 'n' Feathers Posted October 20, 2009 Share Posted October 20, 2009 We've just ordered a 1kg tub of dried mealworms from http://www.mealworms4chickens.co.uk and it cost £14.00 p&p free. Ordered yesterday. Arrived today (but we weren't in They also do a 2kg tub at £24.14 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
batcatz Posted October 22, 2009 Share Posted October 22, 2009 I just got 2 tubs and discovered they hadn't charged me for one. shhhhhhhh Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted October 22, 2009 Share Posted October 22, 2009 Sorry Sandie We have to feed them locusts and all sorts, so mealworms really are the least icky of the foodstuffs!! They're MEANT to be dearest OH's. but somehow I end up feeding them My OH will only feed the girls live mealworms, I will only feed dried. The result, the girls get the best of both worlds Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dappy Chick Posted October 22, 2009 Share Posted October 22, 2009 I just got 2 tubs and discovered they hadn't charged me for one. shhhhhhhh Just been on the website to have a look & went to order some but they added on £9ish P&P ! I will stick to the silk worms for now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dappy Chick Posted October 22, 2009 Share Posted October 22, 2009 Ooops pressed the wrong "quote" button - I will get used to the Forum one day Just been on the website to have a look & went to order some but they added on £9ish P&P ! I will stick to the silk worms for now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...