Michelle1123

New Home wanted for our wonderful hens

im fed up with the negative coverage in the media now! :evil:

SKY news are the worst culprits...they are SO sensationalist !!

They had a public vote on there today and 37% of the vote said they will stop eating chicken !! :evil:

It really is laughable. They had an expert on there and he was trying to tell the interviewing newsreader that if he took one of those bernard matthews turkeys and cooked it now (with the bird flu) he would eat it, but the media keep hyping it up.

approx 130 people worldwide have died from avian flu......how many people die of normal flu??? lots more I suspect.

Also you have to be in VERY VERY VERY close contact with the infected birds and their poo to even have a slim chance of catching it.

Glad that I was too busy to get on the forum and see this one - my reply would've been unrepeatable.

We've all had to endure snide and ignorant remarks over the last couple of years. Most of us now have a stock answer that we give to these people. Stick up for yourself and your hens Michelle - you have lots of friends and support here.