Chickybaby

Strange behaviour

My 3 hens have a really strange habit of drinking my dogs wee!! I can't make up my mind if it's because it's warm, they are lacking something in their diet, or they associate wet ground with nice juicy worms coming to the surface! As soon as Chubby goes out in the garden they all come running across and stand near him while he's weeing....and yes, they do sometimes get wee'd on! It is really hilarious to see but I can't for the life of me think why they have started doing it. They get fed layers mash, grit, mixed corn etc etc and lots of other nice yummy things so I can't see it being their diet. Anyone got any ideas?

I also have 2 females but the chickens completely ignore them when they go out to do their 'business'.......obviously male wee tastes better! It is very bizarre but all my animals do slightly 'mad' things so I guess they're just fitting in. They've been doing it for about 2 months now, with no ill effects, and they seem to enjoy it so I'll leave them to it......maybe they'll grow out of it.

:?:?:?:?:?

I used to have a dog, and while I can't remember the girlies drinking the dog pee, they used to be quite delighted if they came accross a poo, and would tuck into it with great gusto..... :vom::vom:

We learned quickly to scour the garden for poos before we let them out, but I'm not sure what to suggest about dog pee..........sorry.

:?:?:?:?:?

I used to have a dog, and while I can't remember the girlies drinking the dog pee, they used to be quite delighted if they came accross a poo, and would tuck into it with great gusto..... :vom::vom:

We learned quickly to scour the garden for poos before we let them out, but I'm not sure what to suggest about dog pee..........sorry.

:shock::shock::shock::vom::vom::vom:

Sorry no advice on the pee drinking :?

:oops: Ah, so that's where my dog poo's been going is it? I thought the dog was constipated, he was going to get a dose of liquid paraffin tomorrow. :oops::roll: I'll have to be a bit quicker with the poop scoop in future!

Cor...narrow escape for Fido there!!

BTW....I've just got it.......Snowy Howells.....Snowy Owls!!!...it's taken 4/5 months!!!..I'm improving!!

:oops::lol:

:oops: Ah, so that's where my dog poo's been going is it? I thought the dog was constipated, he was going to get a dose of liquid paraffin tomorrow. :oops::roll: I'll have to be a bit quicker with the poop scoop in future!

Cor...narrow escape for Fido there!!

BTW....I've just got it.......Snowy Howells.....Snowy Owls!!!...it's taken 4/5 months!!!..I'm improving!!

:oops::lol:

Give the girl a gold star :roll::lol::wink: