feemcg

I'm A Chick Mummy!

First 2 are in the brooder sound asleep and the 3rd (only hatched 20 mins ago) will go in when she fluffs up. Its hard getting the brooder temp correct at this time of night - pity I can't just take them into bed like I did with my other babies!. So far I think 1 boy, 2 girls but they're not fully dry.

Good morning! Well, I went to bed at 3 with 3 chicks in the brooder - so far this morning I have 4 in the brooder and 4 wet ones in the incy. Only 1 definite boy and 1 maybe that I can tell so far. Another 2 are well on their way. Anna had a wee hold of one before she went to school, Emma (16) said "Eew, gross, what if it poos in my hand!" - but I did catch her talking to them in the incy last night!

I've got 6 in the brooder now - 4 girls, 1 boy (bright yellow compared to the others) and number 1 chick from yesterday who doesn't have as distinct stripes as the other girls but doesn't have a bright head spot either.

They are running about now and I've just seen 3 of them drinking from the drinker - copying each other. They all peck each others beaks and eyes and are really funy to watch.

I hope to have pics on tonight.