feemcg

I'm A Chick Mummy!

I got home from work today and there was a tiny Cream Legbar cheeping its wee head off and when I went up to the incy its right over frantically trying to get out. Its still damp and keeps resting its head on the other eggs and nodding off! I'm thrilled - its so cute. None of the other eggs had pipped then I noticed one of them rolling about and a tiny hole has just appeared. I hope I get another one tonight (its only day 20) and I could put them both in the brooder - i don't want to put her in herself.

Thanks everyone - she's the cutest thing. She is currently asleep with her head resting on the one thats pipped - maybe she can hear it and its comforting for her. Its weird because I had numbered all the eggs and she was number 1 - spooky! (also the last one to die in shell and be removed when the eggs came off cradle was number 13!). I'm hoping to take loads of pics when she comes out to go in the brooder.

I had taken Tuesday and Wednesday off (as expectant mums should!) and now I've been asked to go into 2 meetings tomorrow - the first lasting an hour and a half, the second 2 hours - if they finish on time! I don't want to go but as I'm fairly new don't want them to think I'm not keen - I'll see what tomorrow brings (it might be good to get a break, my knees are killing me from kneeling beside the incy!).

Things are speeding up - 2 more had pipped then as if from nowhere, another one pipped and the chick popped out really quick! Needless to say Anna didn't go to Brownies and is all worried as number 1 chick is kicking and climbing all over the new one!

Shame that you do not have a chick cam so that we could all join you in watching them hatch :D They sound soooooooo cute :D Its making me feel broody :shock: For chicks that is :roll::lol:

There are 14 eggs but not expecting them all to hatch (but what if they do!!). Good job I'm a 'late-nighter' - I'm usually up till 1 or 2 anyway.I'm not sure whether to put the first 2 - or 3 if it hatches soon - in the brooder tonight or leave till morning. It seems an awful long time for number 1 to be in the incy if she hatched just after I went to work this morning. I know she doesn't need food but am worried she's thirsty!