SueSteve

maybe prolapse

Bluebell has been laying soft eggs for a little while (maybe a month).

Then this morning she looked like she had a swelling from her vent, it was dripping with milky liquid.

The first thing I thought was to pop her back into the cube, but checked to see if they had all laid first.

All 6 had laid, including Bluebell.

I read advice on here, kept her isolated, went to the chemist for some Prep H.

Managed to catch her, eventually, cleaned up the area, and applied the Prep H. after a few minutes I attempted to push the swelling back in, I held my fingers over it, holding it in place for around 30mins, I took my hand away and it came back out :-(

I have popped her back into the cub, on her own (she has access to the inner run) she has food and water, should i swap the food for weetabix?

I am not sure what to do next. Vet? Try again? How soon do I try again? It's my sons 17th Bday and we are supposed to be going out for something to eat.

And after saying all this, I think it';s a prolapse!! She has a swelling protruding from her vent, it is large, about the size of a gold ball. Part of it is see through looking, like a blister.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Sue

Sounds like a prolapse definitely.

I would isolate her, have her in the dark, and give her just water to drink till tomorrow. If the prolapse still looks pink and healthy, I would push it back in and hold it there for as long as you can It might do the trick.

If it is looking purple or black, she needs to see a vet.

Thank you!

Its looking a bit more red now.

I am going to either try honey on it and pop her in a cat box, or just get her in the cat box in the dark, until tomorrow, depending on how easy it is to handle her.

She has been isolated all afternoon, just in the inner run on her own, the other girls were in the outer run, but they have had a mass break out and are all running round the back garden!

Will let you know how things go

Thanks again.