The Dogmother

Jute bags

I bought sme really gorgeous hessian ones from there with ladybids all over them :P

They are massive, & were only 99p (I think.....)

You can even put them onto the compost heap when you are finished with them - but they are really robust & look like they will last ages anyway :P

By ripping the suppliers off who in turn pay the workers pennies to produce them probably!

This is always my worry with a company like Tesco. :evil: On the face of it, they're joining in with all the right concerns, but are they actually doing it ethically or is just another 'make money, look good to the public' scheme? Where and how were these bags produced?

What really annoyed me recently is that I was sick for a couple of weeks & had to use Tescos home delivery service.

They are bleating on about reusing bags - which I always do- then my shopping cam with literally 2 items in a bag.

No exaggeration - I had 4 bottles of wine EACH IN ITS OWN CARRIER BAG :twisted:

Not even a wine carrier - ridiculous :twisted:

I get that every month Sarah! It drives me mad! One tube of tomato paste in a bag! :evil:

I now unpack any bag which has less than 4 things in it and give them back to the driver, along with all of last month's bags.

But I have changed :D A year ago, I am really :oops: to admit, I complained when the shop didn't pack loaves of bread into bags, but left them loose in the box. Now of course I make my own bread and don't ever buy it, but if I did, I would be rejoicing if they didn't use carrier bags. :D

I have to say it is annoying when they do that, but you can hand the bags back to the driver for recycling

I have noticed they are using more recyclable packaging on veg. I bought some organic tomatoes from them and they were in packaging that you could put in the compost bin 8)

I have to say it is annoying when they do that, but you can hand the bags back to the driver for recycling

I just took all the bags down to the store next time I went.They have a carrier bag recycling thingy outside the frount doors.

It just made me so cross though,them trying to encourage recycling of bags then wasting them like that :roll:

But I have changed :D A year ago, I am really :oops: to admit, I complained when the shop didn't pack loaves of bread into bags, but left them loose in the box. Now of course I make my own bread and don't ever buy it, but if I did, I would be rejoicing if they didn't use carrier bags. :D

And there you go - the reason you get so many bags. When the staff pick your shopping, there is nothing to say 'Ginette from Horley - understands about excess packaging, so don;t use too many bags'. It has the order number, to help the driver identify the address it is destined for. People complain when things get squashed into too few bags, so the home shopping staff use as many bags as they can get away with, so there are so such complaints. All Tesco shops will take back used bags for recycling, and if you continue to use home-shopping, then you can give them back to the driver, as Debs said.

Sorry, but as an ex-employee, I'd be the first to do some 'Tesco-bashing' (pretty bad employers, with a poor take on personnel management), but not everything is their fault!

Those sound like the same ones Sarah.

We order online from Tesco for our work supplies and they always send loads of bags, but I just give them back to the driver, who will take them for recycling - it tells me that on the bottomof my delivery note.

I always take my own bags when i shop there, but they eventually break - these ones look much stronger