The Dogmother

Real friends

This was sent to me this morning; a bit slushy for me, but the sentiment's there...

Subject: Fw: A Real Friend Test ....

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.

A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.

A simple friend has never seen you cry.

A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names.

A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party.

A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed.

A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.

A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.

A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.

A real friend calls you after you had a fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.

A real friend expects to always be there for you!

You'd be more than welcome to Martin. I operate Louise's 'guest policy'; I show people where stuff is so that they can come and go as they please. Having said that, I love to cook for friends when they are staying.

Louise makes a fab cooked breakfast :D

Edited by Guest

Lovely.:D

I went to a friends recently, who had just had some surgery.

Her mum remarked that I must be a good friend because I didn't have to ask where the tea bags were, when charged with the task of brewing up.

I was embarrassed and pleased at the same time! :D

It reminds me of when I'm out with some of my friends and their children, and the little 'uns will turn to any of the mothers for help with toileting or runny noses. We're all happy to help, wipe or scold where needed.

Now that's good friends - when you're prepared to wipe their childrens' botties :roll::lol:

Friendship is sitting with your friends intoxicated teenager in Casualty at the Northern General Hospital, Sheffield at 2am.

Said teenager went on rampage when parents went away minus sprogs for the first time in years.

She would have done the same for me.

I was lucky enough to meet the luvverly HP after her little 'uns had become big 'uns. :wink: (Now I just have to wipe up after her chickens. :roll:)

Sounds like my Phil - except he draws the line at wiping botties :roll:

Know that one well Egluntine :roll: All my friends have teenage or grown up children - the latest ones have been a crashed car and a pregnancy scare :shock::roll:

Know that one well Egluntine :roll: All my friends have teenage or grown up children - the latest ones have been a crashed car and a pregnancy scare :shock::roll:

I would prefer a snotty nose or a grotty botty to deal with any day.

I'd also rather have the sleepless nights with a baby than the sleepless nights caused by a teenager I can tell you.!

You've got all this to look forward to Claret!

I intend to lock Caitlin in her bedroom the second she turns 12, and not let her out until she turns 25, at which point she shall emerge like a butterfly, beautiful and ready to deal with whatever the world throws at her..... :lol::lol:

The person I class as my best friend is the only person who would ever offer to hold my hair back, while I throw up, rather than stand at the toilet door, asking how I feel.

I've been a birthing partner for one of my best friends, painted her toenails when she was too pregnant to reach them and held her hair. In return, Rosie was sick down her cleavage when she was a baby :roll:

Phil also comes into that class - when I was very poorly and delirious after an op a couple of years ago, he had to look after me and do some very personal things for me. That takes guts from a bloke. I have to admit that I was sick on him too :oops:

My friend gave me what I consider to be a massive compliment when she introduced me to one of her friends. She explained that I was the one that loved her enough to wipe a sicky stringy-bit off her face (after a night out) with my bare hand and then carry her home! :lol:

Now why did that want to make me cackle evilly.

Steve sounds the same as Phill, hes done some really grotty things for me, expecially last year when I was in hospital. Must remind myself of that when hes being a

Now why did that want to make me cackle evilly.

I'm going on my best friend's hen weekend this weekend and as I have known her the longest people are relying on me to bring up a few well hidden stories......not sure if I'm that mean ......well, maybe after a few shandies.... :evil::lol::lol::lol::wink: