Louise

F1 chat

Hi all, well Sunday morning set the alarm clock for 2am :shock:

Yes Australia is back as the first race of the season this year (bloomin commonwealth games last year :roll: )

It doesn't feel like the start of the season without the early morning :lol:

First race will start at 3am for anyone not wanting to see the blurb beforehand 8)

I will get the ball rolling with my preferences :oops:

Die hard McLaren fan and have been for years I wobbled a bit when they had JPM on the team as he was absolutely useless but they saw sense and got rid halfway through a season and now WE HAVE THE WORLD CHAMPION ON THE TEAM :dance:

I was at Silverstone the year Schumacher hit the wall what a round of applause the ambulance got as it went round the track :lol:

Oh yes happy days :wink:

Oooh Louise, we are deadly rivals then :wink:

I hate Mclaren...don't get me started on Ron Dennis.

Die hard Ferrari fan here who will miss Scuey, although i have high hopes for Raikonnen.

You may have the current World Champion but with such an unreliable car, i doubt he'll be world champion at the end of the season.

I'll be keeping a watchful eye on Jenson too, although the Honda doesn't seem to be doing to well in Winter testing.

My Dad used to work at Silverstone, wish i could afford to go for the British Grand Prix.

You should sign up the the Renault website,(i know,Renault) as they hold Renault World Series weekends at Donington Park which are really good. I suppose its a bit far for you to go though, even with free tickets.

Indeed, happy days are here again!

Oooooooooooh this could get nasty I hate Ferrari I especially hated Scuey :lol:

Its all good fun :wink:

I only got a ticket as a birthday present I can't afford to go either :lol:

It was the best experience though especially as that year Coulthard won (he was a McLaren driver at the time) and Scumacher snr ended up in Northampton General :lol:

I lived in Oxford at the time so it wasn't too far to go :lol:

I would love to go to see the one in Monaco but it would be sooooooo expensive but it is my favourite track :wink:

I don't know if anyone else will be interested either Helly but yes it is nice to find another female fan :wink:

Yes but he is Scottish and was driving for my team when he won the British GP :lol:

You guys have nicked Kimi for this season it will be interesting to see how he does in a Ferrari :?

I watch F1 as well - no particular favourites - quite a few I don't like and it's very environmentally unfriendly :D:lol: - but I like it........... :D

My son won't even have gone to bed by 2am - he likes the Australian as well :D

I heard reports that all teams were required to offset their carbon emissions and that last year they planted something like 33,000 trees. I think Honda want to be completely carbon-neutral. Of course, not creating the pollution in the first place would be ideal but at least they are doing something 8)

Ah! F1.... - used to watch it more then i do now... I don't mind who wins as long as its not Schuey - i have an irrational dislike of him...

He retired at the end of the last season Helen :( We are Ferrari fans in our house :D OH sister has got us tickets for this years British Grand Prix :D Never been brefore and I am really looking forward to it :D

I watch F1 as well - no particular favourites - quite a few I don't like and it's very environmentally unfriendly :D:lol: - but I like it........... :D

My son won't even have gone to bed by 2am - he likes the Australian as well :D

I heard reports that all teams were required to offset their carbon emissions and that last year they planted something like 33,000 trees. I think Honda want to be completely carbon-neutral. Of course, not creating the pollution in the first place would be ideal but at least they are doing something 8)

I'll watch it without feeling so guilty now then :D

Martin :shock: - you like Renault because they are French? :shock: .......... :evil:

kimi has pole!!! yipee. i love f1. me and a mate had a go at the fantasy f1 that the sun newspaper did a few years back. that was good fun. i think i may be on my own here but i like schuey cant stand jpm and jaques villegetonmynerves.

not at all patriotic but jenson button is just such a no hoper. hes all talk and no action!! 14th on the grid i think for 1st race.

lewis hamilton looks like a good little racer and could go far.

ooooo it is nice to see a few girlies talking about fast cars. :D:D

I think I'll have to go with Lewis Hamilton - is he the youngster my son has been telling me about?, with Maclaren?

I haven't listened to any news yet - do you think I'll make it to the televised highlights? Someone is sure to tell me the result before then :(

i think i may be on my own here but i like schuey cant stand jpm and jaques villegetonmynerves.

You are definately not alone :!:

Please don't anyone talk about the result until tomorrow :pray:

We have recorded the race as we can't watch it in peace until Abi, our daughter, has gone to bed.

Now that Schuey has left i'll be rooting for Kimi i think. I've always liked him, its just a shame he used to drive for Mclaren :roll:

Watched the race last night :D

Excellent win by Kimi :D:dance::clap: and a good race from Lewis Hamilton

Shame Kubica went out as both the BMW's were doing really well.

Not sure Alonso is too happy with how well his teammate's driving. :lol:

As for Jenson, well, there's not much you can say. :cry:

I thought the Super Aguris were really good too, they'll be one to keep an eye on :wink:

It was a very good race and it looks like Kimi will have some decent competition :wink:

I couldn't beleive it when Hamilton overtook Alonso at the start what a little whipper snapper :lol: Still it will keep him on his toes 8)

McLaren 2nd and 3rd great start to the season :clap: