Sara

Egg basket/holder

Hi,

After reading through all the posts on not keeping eggs in the fridge, i have kept them all in an old egg box. I would really like something to put them in for it to look nice. Has anyone bought a egg basket/holder recently and know where i can find one?

Thanks

Hi! Back after an awful virus whilst trying to find a differnet avatar! Had to completely blap the computer and rebuild it, despite having Norton Antivirus!!

Anyway, this was under discussion last time I was online: I started the thread, but probably in the wrong place!!

People came up with loads of egg holders adn references, so here's the link!

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1488

I'm still waiting for my purchase to come....come on Amazon!!

By the way, its good to be back...I'll be spending all day reading trying to catch up!!

Not sure what kind of thing you're looking for but I got a lovely chicken shaped black wire basket that will hold loads of eggs (well it would if they lasted that long!) from a cargo homeshop. Bit pricey but very pretty. :D

Good day for Amazon then. I oredered some books from them way back in July- finally got an email today to say they've been dispatched. Now do I spend the weekend reading, or on here I wonder :?

Not sure about the egg cup debate. I'm not a boiled egg fan so we have a small and not terribly inspiring egg cup collection.... and luckily I have no great inclination to expand it. But who mentioned shoes :shock:

If I have an addiction it's shoes- every style, height, colour, you name it I've either got it or want it. I love shoes :roll: Current faves are oyster satin with a "diamond" ankle strap & a zip up the back. Sooo sexy, love 'em :wink:

Love the spiral egg holder from Stow. Might put that on my christmas list. :wink: Thing is that the eggs are so delicious that I can't imagine being able to collect twelve. :?

I've just worked out that we've had 29 eggs in 20days. I've only given five away, there are three in the basket which means we have eaten 21 eggs in 20 days. !egg!!egg!!egg!!egg!!egg!

Diana - that's pretty good going!

We have to start storing eggs vertically now as we don't have enough room for horizontal egg holders! :?

Star laid her first egg on Tuesday so at the moment we have all six chickens laying - I must be the only person waiting for chickens to moult and stop laying for a while! :roll::lol:

Tell me about it Kate. :roll:

I have nothing sensible to wear for my fishing/walking holiday in Ireland, so I have to go out this afternoon and buy something more suitable than open-toes high heeled sandles, or flat fancy sequined jobbies!

I seem to spend my life in shops just recently!

Matalan currently have a ceramic creamy/ecru 12 egg holder that looks like a egg tray, IYKWIM, (4x3) for £4 in their homewear department.

Looks lovely in my kitchen. Especially full of a week's worth of eggs.

I was given one of these for Mother's Day - I couldn't see any more when i went back to get another - they must have them back in again. 8)

PS - that's 2 days eggs for us :P