Hi Everyone,

I live in Cheshire does anyone know of a local poultry breeder that sells the Bluebelle chicken, I think they are lovely.

Woops..... got the chicken bug

We have two chickens is it wise to introduce a new chicken??????.... not that I am getting one but if I could find a blubelle well..........

Claire

Don't think my hubby will let me have two chicken will only let me have one..... Claire
:shock::shock:

I'd present him with a fait accomplis if I were you!

Tell him that there are fewer squabbles if the hens are introduced in pairs! :lol:

I don't think my Hubby would even notice :?:?:?

Claire - Garden Poultry, at Kingsley sell a blue comet - which is what a friend of mine has. I think they are the same as Bluebells - the names just seem to change. I got an Amberstar 2 years ago from there- they now call them Amber Comets :roll::wink: . Give them a ring to check. :P

Don't think my hubby will let me have two chicken will only let me have one..... Claire
:shock::shock:

I'd present him with a fait accomplis if I were you!

Tell him that there are fewer squabbles if the hens are introduced in pairs! :lol:

I don't think my Hubby would even notice :?:?:?

Mine certainly wouldn't. :roll: My 2nd Eglu and 4 more hens had been there a fortnight before he literally looked over the top of his newspaper and clocked them one Sunday morning.

hi everyone.....well i got my way in the end we went out

1) to look at crocs and

2) to look at chickens hehehe....we saw some blue comet and the lady said that they are the same as the bluebell she has some coming in at the end of the month, we also looked at amber something there was that many can't remember now.

We are just worried if we have enough room in the eglu for four chickens, as she said that the bluebell are quite big birds, my husband loved the amber something (can't remember its name)

can't make my mind up, my two girls have settled in really well and follow me everywhere, just don't want to upset my two girls, and then put them off laying.

Claire

:lol: The amber - whatevers - are either Amberstars or Amber-rockets as they are now called. Mrs Snowy is an Amberstar and is white with cream and fudge/toffee markings - almost like a toffee ripple ice-cream :wink::D . She is very amiable and also has a fiesty side - will turn and peck the dogs nose, rather than just run and squak :roll::lol: .

The bluebells/comets/rockets are large birds but why not have one blue and one amber rocket .... :idea::?::P

Amber comets aren't all that big. I (ahem :oops: ) have one of those too. She looks like this.

Hazel3.jpg

She's quite a slender bird, and very good natured, if a little flighty sometimes. She's about half the size of my fat blue comet.

Buy both, go on, go for it.....

She's beautiful 8) Looks different from my Amberstar who has pale amber and the odd brown feather on white.

Just to point out the run is for 2 birds only, a run extension is designed for more really. The eglu itself is fine with more chickens though.

Introducing sooner rather than later is probably better, especially if the existing chickens are quite young.

Thanks to everyone for replying, but we have discussed it last

night, and talked to our girls and well we have decided that we are just going to

keep to two chickens for now, as they have really settled in, and everytime we

come into the garden and open the gate they come running to us, we don't

want to spoil our relationship with them.

Thanks for all the advice though

Claire