fluffyfeet

Has anyone else noticed.......???

Not sure if this should be in here or elsewhere - Mods - please move if in the wrong place

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed how many posts have appeared, particularly on the Chickens section, from newbies - there's loads :clap::dance:

Long may it continue!!!

Dawn x

Chickens..... What can I say..... They are taking over the world :wink::anxious:

There's a worrying thought...what would chickens force us to do if they had world domination? We'd all be working at mealworm farms or growing corn on the cob. But just think what they would do with all those supermarkets who don't give a fig for animal welfare... :think::think: Evil chicken laughter bok....

Chickens..... What can I say..... They are taking over the world :wink::anxious:

There's a worrying thought...what would chickens force us to do if they had world domination? We'd all be working at mealworm farms or growing corn on the cob. But just think what they would do with all those supermarkets who don't give a fig for animal welfare... :think::think: Evil chicken laughter bok....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've also started to see a few "second hand" chickens around where I live - I took three a couple of weeks ago. I wondered when I first got them (as I seemed to jump on the band wagon at the same time as HUGE number of others) wether for some this would be a "fad" like Staffies were. Hopefully most will learn quickly and find them completely addictive! :D

Welcome all the newbies - I can't imagine life without chickens now, a sad comment on my life I guess but keeping hens really has changed my life! :D

BeckyBoo

That's a fantastic image, better not let my girls look at my laptop and get any ideas...

I'm a newbie to Omlet although have had hens for just over two years now, and I'm pleased to say that the happy, funny times have far outweighed the sad times during that time.

Just like to add my two penneth.... I am one of those newbies. I have always wanted to keep chickens and have only just been able to realize that dream. I have read as many books as possible on this subject and looked long and hard at the pros and cons of different aspects of this lovely hobby. I admit I probably have asked some stupid questions over the past weeks, and would like to thank all of you who have replied. I think this forum is amazing and and I have been made to feel very welcome. Sometimes it is just nice to know you are not alone, and be given that little bit of confidence to know you are doing ok.

I must admit, I don't think any question is silly. Sometimes it's not a case of newbies doing no research, but maybe just confusing research ? I took a load of books out of the library before I got my chooks ( and discovered omlet :wink: ) but they were all circa 1960/70, ideas have changed ALOT since then and often what the books were recommending conflicted with what I was reading on the net.I've also found conflicting advice on different sites, and oif course everyone knows someone who hads kept chooks all their life and doesn't bother with x, y and z, so if you are a newbie it can be difficult to work out which advice to follow.

Anyway, welcome to all newbies :D