cheeky girls Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 From a brand new chicken addict, I would formerly like to tell all you chicken addicts out there what a star the lovely Claire is. We were made to feel really welcome by the whole household (excepting the dog who I think was hidden away for our safety - what can you expect of a labrador) I held a chicken for the very first time - its a good job I liked it! otherwise I would have made a huge mistake. AND, we were given guidelines on what to feed etc... and lots of reassurance. So - once again, pass the word around what a star, and how welcome we have been made to feel in this 'special world of chickens'. Oh and another thing - I am really and truly in love with HEIDI AND HELGA. I would never have dreamed that one day I would be jealous of another womans' poultry... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Awwww It was lovely meeting you both last night and i can only hope i've made your introduction into the world of chickens a little easier. As i said last night please let me know how your getting on and PM or email me if you need any more advice etc or want me to pop over Wishing you all the best for Monday. Hope you've got the chicken viewing seating ready Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Claire is a star Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Seconded - no thirded! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Hope she warned of all the poo! I still cringe at people that get chickens, then realise that they do actually poo a lot! Grrr. If you don't mind a bit of cleaning they are absolutely brilliant pets. Very relaxing, entertaining & rewarding - they can poo all they want in my garden! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 :clap: Fame at last Claire. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 She's fab, knew she'd look after you Julie! All the best for Monday when your girlies arrive!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 We already knew that! All set for hen Parites now Claire ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snoxy Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Claire you are not far from me...if I ever venture further than MK I will make a surprise visit...only joking My daughter, Ellin (5 in a couple of weeks) and I mucked out our girls just before dinner this eve...took us an hour to do a thorough scrub of walls (plastic hen house) and sweep out and renew Rapport...we had a lovely time...she is a fab helper (available for hire at a very reasonable fee) Poo doesn't bother me in the slightest...having had 4 children I am sure your girls will bring you lots of joy Julie...can't wait to see pics (this is obligatory you know) Yes, make sure you have an extra comfy chair ready...you will need it...oh and a duvet to wrap around you as Autumn draws in My gorgeous girls laid 11 fab eggs today...woohoo Just love my girls Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 We already knew that! All set for hen Parites now Claire ? Well....i did register this morning!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Yay I registered ages ago and still havent heard anything yet Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...