yep, :oops: The Banties are upto their usual naughty tricks... today, they ate between them the remainder of the cat's food in the bowl. It was fresh thankfully, and they thoroughly enjoyed slurping up the jelly too boot! :shock:

I am assuming it won't hurt them too much this one time to eat cat food? I'm thinking it will give them extra protein, and chooks are carniverous anyway, are they not? (Well, technically, I suppose they are omnivores...)

:?:

I don't think it will do them any harm at all, my girls have had the odd teaspoon of mushy catfood when I was trying to get antibiotics down them, with no ill effects. I think I read in one of my poultry books that it was ok to do this, after all it's just protein and I've read others on the forum who have used tuna to provide a bit of a treat now and then!

My girls love catfood. If they are loose in the garden when I open the back door they literally fly down the garden to get in at the cat food that sits just inside the door :lol: I just have to make sure that the cats have had some first or they will eat it all. :shameonu: