abwsco Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 Just booked mine for the 22nd December with Ocado. Anyone else booked theirs yet? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 Blah - been trying to but as I am not on the pay monthly delivery thing,my slots (those that are left) are not available with Ocado until December. Waitrose Deliver have some on the 23rd,but I have never used them (despite working there), & would prefer Ocado if I can get it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Donna C Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 ooooo, last time i checked you couldn't book, must have a recheck. Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 Oooh well done Anne We always used to use Ocado when we lived in London and didn't have a car, I think they're fabulous I'm a bit of a masochist now as I like to get up mega early and head down to our local M&S for food a few days prior to Christmas! Usually go at about 6:30am when it's nice and quiet and the shelves are full! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 19, 2010 Author Share Posted October 19, 2010 Oooh well done Anne We always used to use Ocado when we lived in London and didn't have a car, I think they're fabulous I'm a bit of a masochist now as I like to get up mega early and head down to our local M&S for food a few days prior to Christmas! Usually go at about 6:30am when it's nice and quiet and the shelves are full! OMG, I won't go in our M & S (a very small Simply Food) for fear of getting mown down by the wealthy and on the whole rude OAP's who frequent ours anywhere near Christmas. It's bad enough in there when they have the Dine In offers on. Think of "get a trolley, pile it high with 7 or 8 of the offers, block the aisle" and you've got it right Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 Just got my Waitrose delivery slot booked & trolley filled Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 OMG, I won't go in our M & S (a very small Simply Food) for fear of getting mown down by the wealthy and on the whole rude OAP's who frequent ours anywhere near Christmas. It's bad enough in there when they have the Dine In offers on. Think of "get a trolley, pile it high with 7 or 8 of the offers, block the aisle" and you've got it right my folks have been doing recently!!! It's really not so bad when I go so early, I promise - I hate shops that are busy with a passion! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 Just got my Waitrose delivery slot booked & trolley filled Oooh well done you too Sarah, it's all exciting isn't it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 I really didnt like doing the shop and not getting my partner discount but it knocked a tenner off at checkout anyhow,as it was my first shop with them. I may even work the shift,do I can keep abeady eye on the packing boy as he goes around. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 Booked mine - though have just put 6 bottles of whiskey in to make up minimum value and will go back and edit it in December....mines on 22nd too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 6 bottles of whiskey is how mine looks after the editing Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 19, 2010 Author Share Posted October 19, 2010 Dare I post that I'd already done a Christmas food shop on Sunday night in readiness for my email. I knew it would be there when I logged on so I only had to hit checkout Only have a few things to add. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted October 20, 2010 Share Posted October 20, 2010 I belong to the delivery thing where you pay annually and have as many deliveries as you want. This is the first year that I have used Ocado, should I be able to book a Christmas delivery , have had a look but the website is all new and I am a bit lost Thanks Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 20, 2010 Author Share Posted October 20, 2010 I belong to the delivery thing where you pay annually and have as many deliveries as you want. This is the first year that I have used Ocado, should I be able to book a Christmas delivery , have had a look but the website is all new and I am a bit lost Thanks Chrissie Chrissie, when did you sign up for it? Also, log into Ocado and see if it's showing "book Christmas delivery" where you'd normally book your delivery. The email I had said they were rolling them out from the 18th and I got my email yesterday to say I could book mine. HTH Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted October 20, 2010 Share Posted October 20, 2010 I joined back in Janaury when we had the bad weather as Ocado seemed to get into the village where as others didn't. Perhaps I am being a bit quick as I have not had an email yet. Thanks I will keep looking. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 20, 2010 Share Posted October 20, 2010 I may even work the shift,do I can keep abeady eye on the packing boy as he goes around. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy chickens! Posted October 20, 2010 Share Posted October 20, 2010 Yes booked mine, but it really bugs me that they charge for it; I pay the monthly charge, fair enough, but why doesn't it include Christmas and reward the loyal shopper? The minimum spend is higher (£90 with Ocado - and it's bound to be a much bigger shop than that) so they are making more money. I have queried with them in the past to no joy. I guess they can get away with it but it makes me so . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Donna C Posted October 20, 2010 Share Posted October 20, 2010 Still can't book with tesco yet, only first week in november Have to keep checking, no way am i fighting my way around a shop with two kids, two trollies and an angry oh ever again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 20, 2010 Author Share Posted October 20, 2010 Yes booked mine, but it really bugs me that they charge for it; I pay the monthly charge, fair enough, but why doesn't it include Christmas and reward the loyal shopper? The minimum spend is higher (£90 with Ocado - and it's bound to be a much bigger shop than that) so they are making more money. I have queried with them in the past to no joy. I guess they can get away with it but it makes me so . Ocado don't charge for the Christmas delivery if you're on the scheme though or have I got the wrong end of the post. Am confused Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy chickens! Posted October 20, 2010 Share Posted October 20, 2010 at myself - I saw the charge come up and got cross - have rechecked my e-mail and you are so right abwsco it is included in the delivery scheme. Sorry to confuse you. And the delivery is free! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 20, 2010 Author Share Posted October 20, 2010 at myself - I saw the charge come up and got cross - have rechecked my e-mail and you are so right abwsco it is included in the delivery scheme. Sorry to confuse you. And the delivery is free! Good news about that and I'm easily confused at the moment-lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...